Is it rude to be barefoot at a friends house?

Some friends and I got together, we were all wearing heels and other types of open shoes. After a while we all took off our shoes and were barefoot. The host didn't take them off, we were all having fun, after some hours, the host said if we could all put our shoes back on. She looked kinda mad.
Do you think its rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not so much 'Rude' here, dear, but just a Quirk that the Host with the Most has about... Barefoot.
    I don't like shoes on in my own house. I prefer if people take off their shoes, and my mom and two sisters are the same way.
    However, everyone is different. If she 'Looked kinda mad,' perhaps it is something that she finds rather Unappealing, to say the least about... Tootsie's in Toot's house.
    When you are in someone's else's domain, you have to be polite enough to understand this is Their roof with their rules and you are Under their thumb until you leave.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 13

• I think it would be more rude to wear shoes in someones house than having bare feet to be honest. So no I don't think you taking your shoes off was rude.

• Depends how comfortable you are in a friends house

• I will force someone to take their shoes off before entering my house.. she was probably mad about something else, maybe a phone call or something u never know

• Some people accept it, do it themselves, others don't.

• Not really.. though everyone in my house wears slippers. As long as your feet don't smell lmao. xD
    I don't really care if someone's barefoot in my house tbh.

• Usually hosts get mad for people not taking their shoes off. That's new... I wouldn't consider it as rude. I just ask the host if I should leave my shoes on, or if I should take them off.

• lol i´d be rather irritated by that. in my mind leaving shoes on could be seen as rude... maybe she has some issues about seeing naked feet?

• I never got why people like it when people wear shoes in their house. Ever heard of outside dirt? I would think its rude if you didn't take off your shoes, unless this was a some sort of house cocktail party.

• That usually depends on the host or the family

• If you ask the host if it's okay, and the host approves... you're good to go
    Can't go wrong

• I guess y'all should scrub your feet.

• It's the host's house so it's the host's call

• I don't think so, I get people to take their shoes off at my house, don't want them treading the street into my floor!

What Girls Said 3

• No? I would be the opposite, I would encourage people to take their shoes off...

• I'm Japanese, so you better take your shoes off in my house.

• I don't think it's rude. I go barefoot at peoples homes all the time, & I'm always barefoot when I'm at home.