Burps disgust me... ALOT! Am I normal?

Okay so ever since last year I think, everytime I hear someone burp, I get this weird feeling in my mouth as if I'm about to throw up. Sometimes I actually gag. I share a room with my sister and she burps a lot. It was worse to the point that I avoided her all the time and waited until she slept until I went to sleep. Other times, when I hear a burp, I get into this breakdown. My heart is racing and sometimes I even cry. As if I'm scared of the burp. What do you guys think? Are you experiencing something like me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a breakdown because of a burp doesn't sound normal.

What Guys Said 6

• As for burps disgusting you that is normal. As the heart racing and crying part is not normal.

• U are normal, such a turn off period

• They disgust me too.

• yea, it's gross when people think its funny to bletch out loud.

• you just have to try them... then you've get hooked.

• You might have 'Burpophobia'.

What Girls Said 6

• I used to get the same feeling. I used to think it was gross and I wanted to throw up. I got over it now though and I don't mind when someone burps. I think it's just a phase. It's better to be polite though when burping when not around family because it shows politeness and manners.

• And do you throw up ejem you burp? And seriously burps figust you more than farts?

• I hate them too especially when someone isn't drinking anything or if they are only drinking water. It doesn't make me gag but I just don't like them.

• I used to hate it until I realized it's a normal thing. It happens. :p now I don't hate it.

• I'm actually a lot like you, but I only gag not cry.

• No, I completely agree with you. Whenever I hear a burp, it makes me want to throw up. Mine is not a severe as yours but maybe you need to learn to start getting used to it, as hard as it sounds!