Can you fall in love with your rapist?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a thing called stockholm syndrome, which is when you fall in love with your kidnapper so I guess it makes sense if there was a similar syndrome for rape victims. Never heard of it happening but I'm sure it's happened.

There's a tv/books/films/etc trope called "forced seduction" but that's fiction.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's possible, it's called Stockholm Syndrome.

What Girls Said 8

• Sure... Right after I kill him

• Not really. That's more of a Stockholm Syndrome type situation.

• I don't think that it is possible to love someone who took something personal from them. Forced sex is taking something from you, our right to say whether or not you want to engage in sex. I however do think that some victims break and think that no one but the rapist will want them so they run to them in the need to be wanted.

• No. It can never be love, but some kind of a Stockholm syndrome.

• Not unless you're psychotic, and have completely lost your sanity and decency.

• I agree with 9mfeo, it's not actual feelings for the person (I know difference is attractive but come on!!!), it's nothing more but a mental condition due to shock after the assault (s).

• i think it is possible if the rape messed you up emotionally/physically bad enough

but not in a normal state

• Could it happen sure, i suppose it would be something like Stockholm syndrome...

What Guys Said 5

• The name for it is "Stockholm syndrome".

• I would have thought that is something like Stockholm Syndrome. If the guy has raped you then he should be doing porridge not out and dating people

• That's sorta known as the Stockholm Syndrome

• only if you facebook rape (spam)

• There's this woman in my neighbourhood who married a man who raped her when she was a teenager

• She is probably going to cut his dick off in the night while he is sleeping

• Like I said in my answer I don't think she loves him she just thinks nobody but him will want her probably she had many failed relationships so she ran to him.