Why are people so childish and fragile now adays?

why are people so childish and fragile now adays?
what happened?

Most Helpful Girl

• Things change, nothing is as it was...

• *you're

• good job parents on raising this creature

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy... Television, radio and Internet influence.

• Oh yeah, schools and politics go hand in hand.

• Yeah, me too. You take away all that and in 50-100 years, maybe less, it will all go back to normal.

• Heck in one generation it could all go back to normal.

What Girls Said 4

• Mental health issues are being addressed but it may not be the answer we're looking for. There are ways we need to harden up but there are ways we need a safe place. It's about balance. We're in the extreme "soft phase" right now and it needs to level out.

• I don't know hahah! Its just South Park!

• we're raising a generation of babies

• Lol love the photo. I would guess that it is because they are so shielded and that builds up

What Guys Said 12

• I actually think it's the opposite. People have the guts to speak up about what's bothering them and stand up for themselves now, they have less tolerance for being screwed around and accepting it as "just the way it is" whereas before they were told to just shut up and suffer in silence.

I don't think the WW2 generation and the war situation itself can be compared to today's people and this situation of people speaking up. The world changed, times changed, culture changed. Nobody with a brain wants WW3 because we learned what a disaster it was from WW1 and 2. It's apples to oranges. The two generations and situations are not the same.

• you think wrong. suicide rate because of bullying went up a lot... back then they would fight not kill themselves

• OK, well, I agree there. I can relate to that. There are times when I look back and think to myself, I should have fought, I should have punched someone out. There were situations when that would have been the best solution. I'll give you that. Most of the time if you don't fight a bully they don't go away. I've heard that even if you lose, the bully might still stop because they know you fight back and it's not worth it to try anymore. There are times to be nice, usually much more of the time - but sometimes you have to fight. You have to stand up for yourself.

But we really don't know what it was like back then without statistics. i don't know that they kept track of suicides due to bullying back then. People also do have a right to talk about their feelings too, though. It's part of the very freedom those WW2 guys fought for.

• yea im just saying that society is too soft now a days compared to the people that lied about their age just to defend there country now nobody wants to join the military they dont even wanna go outside they just sit at home

• Too many people have bought into the Politically Correct culture in which everybody is a victim of some kind of "privilege" or oppression. You're absolutely right to include that photo of the D-Day invasion. Those guys actually had something legitimate to complain about but they just did their duty. We can't hold a candle to what they did.

• for 1, people now aren't forced against their will to fight. also, because inflation has made it so high that a lot of people at 18 can't afford to do shit they used to do. also, it's not like they were that brave. sure they were, but the retaliation rate of ww2 and vietnam was about 50% if i remember correctly. now, the military retaliation rate is 95%. obviously it's more effective to not force people to fight. my grandma, who's 92 and was 20ish during ww2 bought a house for 48k... it's worth over 300k today. also, i like how a person who isn't even 18 is talking about how kids got soft.

• they werent forced they volunteered

• i mean I don't know who've you met, but sit down with a ww2 vet and ask them how different they thought the war was before and after they entered. there's a reason ww2 was glorified. it wasn't because people were necessarily braver or more grown.

• also, ww2 lifted the depression and the gi bill basically made a higher incentive for people (mainly guys, obviously) to get jobs, paid and education. but still, even so, a lot of them didn't want to necessarily fight. there were a lot of draft dodgers as well as the reason there was a draft in the 1st place because not enough people volunteered. war is war. people are people. people don't get more or less tough in a generation just because you think so. that's like the people who think that basketball players are soft now. maybe, but guess what, bill lambeer was a fucking giant center in the 80s for the bad boy pistons. lebron is about 2" smaller than he was and about 30lbs heavier when he was on the heat... and the dude is a small forward, meaning that he's not even the biggest dude on the team.

• Ever wonder if all the stuff they say about yonder-year is true?

• Veterans like to tell cool stories.

• I mean, we had soldiers sallying forth into foreign lands then, and we have the same today... They had honest-to-god heroism, and bull stories then, and we have both of those things now... And don't try to tell me there weren't sensitive people back then, there absolutely were... Maybe we're just becoming a better people (on the whole...) for making a better effort to understand and tolerate people who dont fit the cookie cutter...

• Because the people who bitch and moan are the loudest and have nothing else to do. The people who take recombining l responsibility are too busy hustling to complain.

• LOL strong this.

• Because they know that they'll get their way. It sucks :\

• Parents got less ballsy and firm, so the kids now think they can do anything they want without repercussions.

• People are pussies.

• Democrats and Politicaly correct.

• Coz the world changed from 3rd war generation to 5th war generation