Would you bike up Eshima Ohashi bridge?

Would you bike up Eshima Ohashi bridge?

• Hell yeah!
  • hell no!

Most Helpful Guy

• Going up would be hard but not the worst part, the going down when slope takes you, you would want great brakes and very good control/balance - You would be in deep pooh if a sudden obstacle appeared like something falling off a vehicle.

• Thanks for MHO

• I disagree because that is all that you have to worry about when you go downhill. When you are uphill, peddling makes you more unsteady than not peddling. I am no professional cyclist, and my bike is not that great, however, I can get across this bridge, but going up it is the hardest part. Going down, all you need to do is apply breaks, because you are going just as fast as the cars going down it.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh stahp it... it's only a 6 percent grade. Stupid long-lens photography, playing games with yr heads.

Srsly-- Find it in google earth. Then turn it sideways, look at it in all its GENTLY sloping glory... and be very, very disappointed.

__

I have, however, run repeats on these Korean stairs right before dawn:

lh5.googleusercontent.com/.../DSC04377.JPG

Those puppies are about a 65 percent grade. Burn baby burn (mah legs)!

When I have the time -- not often these days -- I actually plan entire side trips and/or excursions around cool staircases, because I <3 stair running THAT much.
    Yep.

What Guys Said 15

• I'd get a third the way up, have a heart attack, and die.

• I just learned riding bike give me Ducati or another bike with immense torque.. I will freaking love to go up way and then love to go down full speed without brakes and with Max acceleration

• Sure why not if its not crowded

• I would've in past. Now, motorbikes have made me lazy.
    And that guy should visit South Asian countries to see real scares of buses and trucks 😂

• Even if I had the stamina, I'd be too nervous regarding the cars going uphill and terrified of the possibilities of going downhill! 😰

• An hour's worth of cardio going up and 30 seconds of absolute fun down the other side.

• oh hell no

• Too lazy for that lol
    But I can sit in the car driving next to you and laugh at you while you try

• OMG SOO COOOOOOL !!! YEASHHS

• Dirt bike yes, normal bike hell no. But I'd still be tempted to just to see how far I'd get lol.

• NO cuz I don't know how to ride a bike

• :( You need to get a bike and try to learn, it's a lot of fun.

• it's not painful.

• Anything that increses muscle will produce more testosterone, and I don't want more testosteroin I just want the amount I got when I went through puberty, and biking works your legs so at some point it would hurt, cuz it would increase muscle mass

• There's nothing interesting at the top.

• Yes, I do it all the time here. It isn't that scary.

• That bride is nothing compared to the Rainbow bridge in Texas. I have yet to see one that's scarier than the Rainbow bridge in Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YFtdt7pvc

• That's much easier to drive though because there's no two way traffic on the same bridge.

• Yeah makes it safer but still Japan wins for the thrill 👍

• @Jxpxtxr Lol leaning back in a lazy chair is more of a thrill than either of them for me.

• chalange acepted

What Girls Said 11

• I can barely bike across a street, I doubt I could do that and survive.

• I like living so I'll have to pass.

• Hell yeah! HAHAH! BRING IT ON!

• i'd roll back down lol

• nah i'm cool

• Only if my life depended on it.

• WTF I be scared I might get POOP and fall down WITH SPEED AND TUMBLE HELL NO!

• No thank you.

• It's like the mountain near my house but human made and not bumpy.

• If people got used to it why would I?

• I'd try, chances are I wouldn't get halfway through it.