Spending the night with my boyfriend in his college dorm?

My boyfriend is going off to college next year while I have one more year of high school left. I was wondering if anyone knows the policy for overnight visits at most colleges. For example, if he lives in a male residential hall, would I still be able to stay in his dorm? Or what if he lives in a coed residential hall but the floors alternate so that one floor is all female and the next is all male, would I be able to spend the night on an all male floor? Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Why you filthy trollop!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, I can't say much for all colleges, especially non-UK universities. I checked my uni residents guide and if I lived in the dorms, I'd be able to have my boyfriend over for three nights at a time maximum. I would say that as long as he has his own room, even if he shares a bathroom, you should be able to stay. I know people who live in the dorms here and no one actually checks their dorms to see if they have visitors staying.

What Guys Said 2

• It completely depends on the college/dorm he's in. Some don't care whatsoever. Others allow no sleep overs. Some allow a specific number of times someone can be over in a semester. He'd have to read the policy.

• it's college. you can basically do what you want

What Girls Said 2

• You'll still be able to stay, most schools have a visitor pass or designated visitor parking you can use to put on your car so you don't have to worry about being towed overnight.

• by looking at the rule book and ask your boyfriend to ask the person who in charger.