How do you write your "A's"?

Just curious. I saw a client write and "A" like the red example today.

I write my a's like the second option

• How do you write your
  • How do you write your

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to write my a's like the second style but I switched up and starting them like the first style but more akin to Helvetica for any of you that are into fonts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither. It's similar to the second option, but with a tail like the first. Actually it IS the first, but without the part at the top. The second one looks boring. I like to add "style" to my writing. Years of cursive writing helps with that.

What Guys Said 13

What Girls Said 18

• I write it like the second one too. There was a time when it became a thing in my elementary school to write it like the first one, so I actually have seen it written like that and have tried it myself as well. I've found that the fastest way to write it with one stroke is starting from the curve at the top, continuing down the vertical line to the bottom, going up diagonally to the left from there, continuing on to create the circular part, and lastly connecting that to the vertical part. Hopefully, that made sense. X) It's just like writing the small letter d, if the way you write it is starting from the vertical line instead of the round part.

• Haha oh yeah that totally makes sense! Yeah I tried to write the first one, it's ok but to make it into a habit? Nah lol I'd be fine with the second option 😋

• Yep, I couldn't make it into a habit as well and it looked out of place with the rest of my handwriting. X)

• I felt the exact same way! XP

• I voted B however there was a time where I wrote like the top option just because I wanted it to be different and then it became how I normally wrote it. I write like the second option now but if it's written weird I'll write it like the top so people know what letter it is.

• I used to do option A but my dad was a prick and didn't like it for some reason so he made me begin writing option B and i have been since thne

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...b-a09d-a04c2af30891.jpg
    That's how we learn to write it in the french system ^^

• Do you write the curved top first then the round part then connect the round part to the curved top then go down? If that makes sense lol 😭🤔 I'm trying to write it 😅

• Me too, B is the standard 😎
    Seriously though, I've never seen a hand-written text with them being written as in A, who has time for that? oO

• None of those, I do it more like this.
    static.dezeen.com/.../...s-sample_dezeen_SQ03b.jpg

• Most times, B. Sometimes I switch up because I don't know haha.

• Haha you don't know? Mixing it up a bit is always fun 😋

• There's not other option. I actually write everything in capitals on pen and paper. Its how we learned in school after formal hand writing.

• Capitals? Wow.. I wrote capitals in year 10 English and my teacher told me to never write like that again

• Really? In Zanzibar island, it was actually encouraged after cursive because it appealed to the eyes more and easier to read. Helps prevent people from writing messy since every letter is separate.

• Yeah dead serious! It's interesting to hear that!

• I write mine like option 2.

• Second option but I remembered being fascinated with the first a and I used to do it for fun.

• I write them like the second option. From 5th to 6th grade, I used to write them like this 'a'. When I looked back at them, I thought they looked so tacky, lol.

• I chose A.

• Usually be but I use a fancy A for Abby (my first name)

printableletters. org/letterswp/wp-content/uploads/cursive-printable-letter-a. jpg

• I use both

• neither of these

• My y's are always cursive. Not matter print or cursive they are always fancy lol

• my handwriting is so bad it looks like something between the two xD

• I do it the second way