Breakups are always easier said then done. Even after you've convinced others and yourself that you're over him or her, there may be some signs that you're still not over your ex.
1. Everything reminds you of him or her.
Food, music, places, just about everything reminds you of him or her.
2. You post subliminal messages on social media.
The passive aggressive relationship quotes and lyrics you post on Instagram and Facebook, yes I'm talking about the one you found on Pinterest and posted this morning.
3. You still haven't updated your Facebook relationship status.
If you still haven't changed your relationship status from "in a relationship" to "single," you clearly still have hope that you two will get back together.
4. You still check his social media accounts.
You just want to make sure he or she is as miserable as you or hasn't replaced you yet.
5. You go places where you think you might see him or her.
You still remember his or her routine, so you try to work out at the gym at the same time or get a smoothie at his or her favorite spot.
6. You rationalize ridiculous reasons to contact him or her.
His or her favorite store is having a sale and you think you should let them know, nope, put the phone down!
7. You bring him or her up on dates.
Asking about previous relationships is standard, but don't start ranting or raving about him or her. The new boo does not want to hear all that.
8. You ask mutual friends how your ex is doing.
You just want to make sure he or she is okay and maybe ask if they've asked about you.
9. Your friends are tired of hearing you talk about him or her.
After a breakup, it's natural for you to confide in your friends and vent, but if it's been a long time and no matter the topic you still bring him up, you're friends are over him, even though you aren't
10. You still have his clothes, the photos and presents.
You still have photos of you two around, you guys are your wallpaper on your phone or computer, and you still have every single present he or she gave you.
It's natural to miss somebody you used to consume yourself with; it will get easier with time. If you're still experiencing some of the signs above, you are clearly not over your ex.