10 Signs Your Ex Is Not Done Hurting You Yet

He was the love of your life.

She was your dreamy princess.

You used to send and receive good morning or goodnight texts from each other.

You used to talk to each other a lot from sunrise to sundown.

You were each other's best friends and lovers.

Until one day, BAM!

They left you. The worst part is you didn't see it coming...

Suddenly, your once colorful life is now a picture of black and grey just like your feelings, hollow and dismal.

The love of your life took off with your heart. Your days are long and dragging. Your nights dreary and cold. You’re withering by the day waiting for your love to come back.

Then one day, you hear your phone beep.

It's him/her!

Your heart is racing. Your world in a whirl. Your thoughts in a daze.

Your thinking, "What does he want from me?""Is she coming back to me?"

"Does he want me back?" "Does she still have feelings for me?"

Here are the signs your ex is not done hurting you yet...

1. They creep slowly back into your life.

It all starts with a simple "Hey stranger" by text or through your DMs. To break the ice. To test the waters. They want to see if you are going to fall for the bait. Ignore. Do not text back.

2. They want to be your friend.

Yes, the friendship card. They'd be like "Uhm if we can't be lovers, then can we at least be friends for old time's sake?" My answer? Hell no. I can't be friends with someone I used to fuck and spitswap with and worse, broke my heart! I know I used to love you and maybe still do, but I just can't right now. Maybe later when we 80. Fr.

3. They tell you they miss you.

Oh please... Is this after the other person dumped you? Or you had no one else that's why you crawling back to me? See, tread slowly. They can genuinely miss you for the memories that you had but remember they left you for a reason. Just don't reply I miss you back.

4. They start acting romantic towards you.

They try to do throwbacks on you to reminisce the good old times and make you feel warm and mushy again just like how you guys used to be. They act like you're still together minus the label. Sometimes they treat you way better than how they were in the relationship. Again, take note: HE LEFT YOU. Stop buttering me up when the toast is already cold.

5. They get physical with you.

You guys used to have sex. It's all natural and familiar and you just can't resist. You wake up in his bed in the morning... Now what?

6. They talk about the breakup.

They will say they still have feelings for you but it just didn't work out. If he really wants you back, he'd say, I want you back baby. HE WILL PROVE HIMSELF.

7. They send you breadcrumbs.

She'd be sending you flirty texts to keep you guessing and you'd fall for it. Coz face it, you are not over her yet. She'd be sending you feelers here and there. She'd even initiate. Then goes quiet for a bit. Then you start wondering, where did she go? Then you text her, what's up and she'd act all cold and brush you off. Yes, it hurts. What did i tell you? IGNORE.

8. They're all over your social media.

They'd be liking your posts.Viewing your stories. Even commenting with heart emojis to get your attention. Of course, you'd fall for it. You like that shit.

9. They will tell you they miss you but never acts on meeting up.

Actions are louder than words. Enough said.

10. They will ask you if you still have feelings for them.

Please do not ever tell them you still are hopelessly in love with them. Might as well shove your foot up your mouth. I repeat DO NOT. They will only keep you guessing and playing with your feelings.

Do not be their ego stroker. Do not be their go to person to fuck or to cry to whenever they have sob stories to tell about their new banging lovelife. You do not need to be their anything anymore. They don’t really love you. Stand back and watch the pattern. They will only keep you pulling backwards from pushing forward. Just keep walking away from them. Love yourself.

They left you for a reason. If they still do love you, they would HAVE NEVER LEFT in the first place.

These are only few of the signs of an ex who is not done hurting you yet.

Like Dua Lipa's song NEW RULES, "If you are under him, you’ll never get over him."

It's hard but you will get through it. Be strong, baby. :D

Thanks for the time reading.

XO Pinay_Ako

30
20

Most Helpful Girl

• leelouB
    There are so many people that try to stay in your life and sneak back randomly when things aren't going so well for them. I've seen people tell their ex that they regret pushing them aside, but what is done is done. And then, flirt with them and accept all of these compliments that they shouldn't be getting.
    They also ruin the next relationship! Not everybody wants to be reminded of their boyfriends or girlfriends exes! Creates a lot of doubt sometimes for the new person.
    So, why be friends with someone that just pops up when they need an ego boost?
    I have an ex-boyfriend that wrote me a year or so after our break-up and said that we should go out for a beer!
    I asked why and why now? He responded by saying, well I had a girlfriend and felt like I shouldn't ask you out because I did not want to tell her that I was going for a beer with my hot ex-girlfriend!
    I did not respond to that stupid remark because if I was so hot and sweet and nice, he should have stayed!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• AqibFarid
    you should let him try may be he has really realized your value.
    it happened to me and i'm literally dying for her </3 i just had one one mistake and i she isn't giving me a single chance to proof it that i am totally changed, she changed me.
    Is this still revelant?
    • You shouldn't have left her in the first place... You could've worked it out.

• AqibFarid

i didn't left her, her friend filler her mind against me and introduced her to his friend (was also my friend), i realized he made me talk about her (ex) and then poof!! with the help of her (ex) friend, he (once considered my dear friend) stabbed me in my back.
      That's the reason my opinion is to give him a chance...

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1929
  • Logorithim
    Pinay, I respect your thoughts on these sorts of topics, but is it possible that the ex realized that they made a mistake and genuinely wants to get back together with you? Furthermore, you can block them and ignore them to prevent getting hurt if that's what they want to do.
    • Of course it can mean they do genuinely want to get back together. But I tried getting back with the person who left me but he hurt me worse actually. There's a pattern and these signs are based on real life.

• Heartcrusher
    Or sometimes the crazy ex in the most paranoid in the world. He thinks everything you do is some kinda love trap or flirting tactic. He tells you to stop talking to him for no reason other then you use too “and might still” like him. But he’s friends with a lot of females that he never thought twice about.
  • MsShy87
    These are so true! I've experienced most of these, especially the breadcrumbing, the "lets be friends" while they try to get in your pants again, and the "I miss you", which usually also turns into an attempt for them to try to get sex. Ugh!
  • loveslongnails
    Yanno... there's a much simpler solution to all this DRAMA... if you're an EX, it's because you didn't want to be together anymore. Don't go back and eat your own vomit. Period. End of story. Move on. You don't need to figure anything out. If you're contacted, don't reply. In fact, delete all their info.
  • MScifiwriter
    Simple way to fix this when the other person breaks off a relationship, if you hear from the other person sometime down the road. Simply don't respond, that's it, nothing else to it. It's logical and rational. Don't get swept into an emotional anything.

• ManOnFire
    Oh my God this entire Take is spot on. Everything you said is everything she did, but in the end she still went with the other guy. I was the one who wanted her back like crazy, now after it's all long been finished I am glad we're not together anymore and have not spoken in forever.
  • veronicalynn
    An ex is an ex for a reason.. People all too often slip back into a already failed relationship most of the time not fully understanding what went wrong that ended things originally so nothing changes and they end up with the same outcome.. broken hearted and still confused all over again.. Best to not make the same bad choices again. Take the life lesson your hopefully got from the experience and move forward to better days..
  • worldshabby
    All I can come up with is those people or for whom they work like Satan is always jealous with the person they try to hurt. Sex is not lust and lust is in reality what people forget most of the time depending on others who thread you or intimidate people and make people depend on them. If it happens to you just let it happen and just know he or she is involved in an affair. Just let go and do not worry. Just laugh about it and continue life. Satan does not catch all people but some and those he catch are jealous about those he could not catch and then they try to catch people in the hope people also do evil things for joy and fun to make other people do the same thing while they applaud or laugh as if they are busy funny and they get a lot of attention what is adictive and so they do more evil and more etc.. So do not think you can those people get out of it ever , because they learned to have fun in it and are catched by the tricks of satan. If their love was stronger satan could not catch them. So it is a sting in your life he or she does not actually love you. But it is better you know it and try to find a new relationship if that is possible. Sometimes they make sure that is not possible since they can be very cruel. This is the reason why many stay alone in their life their whole entire lifetime. It is never coincidental. Something is wrong in their life even they say they like it to be alone. That is a lie. That is all.
  • monkeynutts
    Seems evil, I have dumped a few girls, I try not to rub it in afterwards. I won't act close anymore, just try to be natural, and respectful, but the goodnight text, and best friend thing I don't do, that would probably be a call card for potential problem partner.
  • DiegoO
    I don't think is bad to open up to your ex (if the break up didn't end in enmity ) but what you shouldn't open up to, is to a high expectation of starting over with her/he.

When a relationship ends, anything can happen, however if the relation has a little tiny chance of rising again, why not take it? Been objective with what's going on is the only way to chose the right decision.
  • milettescheepers
    Dont beli3ve themmm they just want to see if they can still manipulate you.. if they text you, ignore and if you see them, run!!
  • JSmith925
    They can only hurt you as much as you let them. Just say no. If you put your hand in the flames twice, you have no one to blame but yourself.
    ~JSmith
  • Good stuff! Except.. i would never turn down sex with an ex. Sex releases bonding chemicals. The more you do it yhe more power you have.
  • WhereAmI
    Be an asshole. Don't be friends. Got it!

Funny how it's easier to break up being an a-hole, than to let the person off gently and have them wonder "was it me"?
  • Sienna-Rose
    I literally just felt every single word of that as I can relate x
    • Kinda makes me think of the song by John Legend called Ordinary People too for some reason

• bacca400
    If I broke up with them there's a reason for that, and I don't go back.
  • Emma_240302
    Luckily I don’t have an ex lol. But thanks for sharing this
  • Iron_Man
    laughing out loud I wouldn't let it get that far two or three strikes and you're out and in many cases one strike depending on what you did
  • JimRSmith
    It doesn't always have to end the way you described.

If it always does, consider what the common factor is...
  • BillyB4
    #11. They make a point of being with the opposite sex whenever you walk by and acting like they’re having the time of their life.
  • Wolframium
    My exes (eh… That word feels wrong) couldn't care less about me.
  • bubble_tea
    Wow, this is exactly what the 'soulmate' of my friend did to her.. and she fell for it!
  • yulbsari
    Interesting take. You have to be strong and confident... so you don't experience the same suffering again...
  • ariadneR
    Ugh, like ugh.
    I think at the end of the day you have to be strong. You have to know the consequences of your actions. You can't jump head first back into your relation and not expect to get hurt. You are setting yourself up for heartbreak.
    Stay woke - you forgot to say this lmao

My ex, did this once - he called me while I was covering at another work, and one of the guys saw his nymber, knew it was my ex, and he answered my cell. He proceeded to give my ex sit - "Don't call her ever again. She is happy now, please leave her alone" He said other things but I won't go into details. For a minute there i was gonna be sucked back in, but that coworker just said to me - are you willing to get hurt again? and he left it at that.
    Great work Lozard
  • Joker22
    I think my situation doesn't fall under these rules or any other rules for breakup it's kinda weird and different
  • 2opaz
    I've never had an ex, girls always break my heart before we even start dating
    • Good for you. As long as you not one that do it

• didigo182
    Nice take. I agree with everyhting.

"2. They want to be your friend." - Haha that is usual..
  • Women need to just move on and stop being an attention seeker.
    • This goes both ways actually... I am speaking from experience. A guy did this to me too...

• I admit to doing some of those steps. But the smart ones are too clever :{

• MarieBauder
    I had a discussion with my ex one night face-to-face and he didn't even know whether or not if he wanted to be with me. A day later, I found out from a former close friend of his that he has no feelings for me. He lied to my face. Also, on that same night, he told me "I don't want any bad blood between us." I didn't tell him this but I thought; yeah... you just lied to me last night and lied to me from the beginning and you want to be still friends? Get the fuck out of here. He still wanted to be in my life so he can use me for the third time. I blocked all of his accounts from facebook to Google. I can relate to all of these, sad to say.
  • Thank you for writing this myTake
  • Tomblebee
    Paraphrasing on the lyrics there :)
  • Want2Know2
    Tricky bastards.
  • N23SA
    Good thing I don't have an ex
  • johari
    Wowzers
  • apple24
    Sadly I can't relate!
  • Hungry_Shark
    Very interesting.
  • JamestheKorean
    Interesting mytake.
  • cupidkisses
    Interesting
  • Chantel77
    Yikes
  • vanco22
    Cool stuff 👍🏼
  • Jamjam2
    Easier said than done.
  • BonnieBunny
    Hey stranger ᕦ ( ͡͡~͜ʖ ͡° ) ᕤ
  • mrsterlingarcher
    Thank you. Now I know to say fuck you.
  • disgustingweebtrash
    Thank you
  • Nice222
    Great take
  • RicoSuave123
    just reverse what you said with something taken
  • BOUNTYGUY9
    forget it all and start again