5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

1. There were many red flags.

All those fights that he started over nothing? Making me feel guilty about things that were actually his fault? Or those many instances where he was acting shady and coming home late at night? Yep those were actually just foreshadowing the ultimate end to our relationship. Don't ignore your instincts.

5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

2. He never loved me.

Being rude to me, or simply not caring about my feelings and always putting himself first. I should have known that this sort of behavior was far from love. Actions speak louder than words, just because he says he loves you doesn't mean its true.

5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

3. If he isn't crazy about you, you're wasting your time.

He was always doing the bare minimum to get by in the relationship. It was never passionate, and never an initiation, but always nice actions as a result of my nagging. He obviously could live without me and that was obvious.

5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

4. Never settle.

He didn't have a job, he was extremely short tempered and lazy... and there were days where I knew that I deserved more than that. Don't settle for someone who just is there in the moment.

5 Things I Learned After I Got Dumped.

5. Life goes on.

It hurts a lot in the beginning, but the more you're apart the more you recognize that people who were meant to be in your life, or at the very least want to be in your life would have made the effort. You'll be ok.

58
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• you're a women your feelings do not matter
    trust me on that

you cheated on him first lol
    on top of that
    you cheated on him before the relationship even started

now you will try to make yourself feel better
    in anyway possible cause that's what you women do lol

please just shut up
    you desperate 90% girl

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• He did not have a job! Wow. That would have meant no way from the start. I will never date any guy who has a lesser job than mine and earns a lot less than me either - it is obvious it would lead to him forever relying on me to make his decisions and pay the bills and bail him out.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• #2 rang true with me. Words are meaningless but they can easily suck you in to feeling comfortable within your realtionship. People can easily say things to make you feel good but judging if those words are real can be difficult.

• 1,2 and 3. Exactly for me but especially 1.

I just decided that I'm gonna end with my girlfriend of 5 years because of all that. Done waiting for better days.

• Great points, and all are easier to see in hindsight than in the heat of the moment.

• Thank you. I agree with @Logorithim, it's easier to see stuff after the fact. I'll keep watch if I ever end up in a relationship

• Yes and sorry to hear you had to learn these things by getting dumped.

• Great take

• Vgnjjjf

What Girls Said 4

• "always putting himself first"

That's nature to most men in most situations, in my experience... Regardless of whether they really like someone or not.

• This helped me

• I agree

• That is interesting