Taylor's Journey

Today, my phone has been stuck on YouTube, replaying "The Moment I Knew" by Taylor Swift. Although it might sound like another somber love song without the back story, when you know what went on, it's really painful to listen to.

I'll leave that for you to Google, but here's the song:

I used to be a bit cynical about the "new" Swifty. She's not the same woman I looked up to in high school anymore-she's bolder, fiercer, not necessarily a delicate little flower with long ringlets. And there's a reason for that. She changed, just like we all do after traumatic events hit us.

For the worse or for the better, I can comiserate with Taylor, as to why I keep listening to this song. I want to go up & hug her, & at the same time, get back ruthlessly at Jake Gyllenhaal for the humiliation he put her through after she gave him what means the most to every girl. I know what it feels like to be betrayed and abandoned, the way she was on that night this song was written about.

What she did with Jake was braver than what I can bring myself to do. Everything else I've done, but I'm scared out of my mind to take the leap of faith she did with Jake. And this song is why.

In a disheartening way, listening to it makes me feel sorry for Taylor. I suppose by now she'd cease to expect much from people after this. Or maybe her faith in others is bigger than mine.

Point conveyed, who in the world deserves this?? And who could be callous as to allow themselves to be so immune to someone else's feelings like this? Our actions do indeed affect each other-Taylor's albums are tell-tale to that. So there's something to draw from the things she writes about. Every song on every album is a paper trail that she testifies to her fans, and the nice thing is, that trail is a reminder that we're never alone in heartbreak.

Keep it up, Tay Tay <3

Taylor's Journey

96

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you end up heartbroken doesn't mean the other person was evil.

She didn't lose her virginity because she put it down somewhere and forgot about it. She chose to sleep with a guy a whole lot of girls would also choose to sleep with. Maybe when she did she was thinking they'd get married. If that's the care maybe it was a mistake. But that's her mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

• I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT. SO MUCH. And this is one of my favorite tracks on Red. She's beautiful and I don't think I've missed one of her concerts, I went to every tour.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• I like Taylor Swift. Anybody who hates her should better check oneself. Good read. :)

• that's awesome, and i do feel for her, it can be really hard sometimes to listen to these songs when the artist poors their heart out and you can empathize with how they feel, it can be sad, it can bring you to tears

• Anyone who listens to Taylor Swift has a questionable intellect at best. Terrible cliche unoriginal music

• Did she lose her virginity to this guy? Is that what you meant by the thing that mattered the most to every girl?

• We're onto something, aren't we?

• Yeah, he didn't even make an appearance to begin with. Just straight out stood her up.

• Gutty honestly anytime I here a story like that it makes me kind of sad for some reason like a girl who lost her virginity at 18 to a guy who didn't even like her and broke her heart it makes me sad :(

• Nice take about Tay tay

What Girls Said 8

• The moment I realized you where talking about Taylor swift, I was like "nope I can't do this anymore"

• I love this song because I had a similair situation: a guy promised me everything and then basically stabbed me in the back by humiliating me in a horrible and disgusting way. This song made me cry so many times but it also made me feel better because what I was feeling atm was in a song. Enough about me, just wanted to say I'm a huge Swiftie and it was a good take!

• I think the song is not that deep and pretty superficial. You should listen to some real sad music, then you know what I mean.

• Omg, I love her so much! This just ruined my make up :')

• i love that song <3

• Thank you so much for this take! I didn't know the song but now I absolutely love it!😄

• Taylor Swift is a cute girl with a mediocre voice. Nothing special. Everyone has a story, hers isn't anymore important than anyone else's just because she's famous.

• Oh God... I mean... I like some of TS songs but, I dont feel all the spectrum of emotions you get, its just her getting more attention if u ask me...

Bc Im a woman... I've loved and I've been hurted , but Im not going to put all my One night stands and breakups in a song for the freaking WHOLE world to know about... Just saying I respect ur opinion you respect mine.