My bf of 2.5 years goes to the casino every week. I have told him multiple times that it bothers me. He tells me that he has no money for a ring.?

I am 50 he is 54. I live in my own home and he lives in an apartment. Everything in the relationship has been great but he likes to go to the casino every week. I don't know how much he spends. He told me that he wants me to move in but I told him I don't want to move in with a ring. He works as a machinist for a bedding company and doesn't make much money and he has a part time job 2 nights a week. Tonight, I walked out on him because he wanted to stay at the casino. I told him that I was leaving and I got in my car. So, how long should I wait for him to call? He has been married before and divorced with 2 children and I think he is scarred from that. I have been married and divorced too with 3 kids. I don't know why I stayed in the relationship as long as I have. My house is falling apart and I was going to move in with him without a ring at the end of the summer so I could get rid of my house and save money and if there is no engagement in a few years then leave. I have a good job and can support myself. So, how long do I wait for him to call? Or should I call him?
Thanks

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Read again what you've written. You're already questioning what you're even doing with him. And moving in together because your house is falling apart is totally the wrong reason. Life's too short at our age for being in the wrong relationship. Find somebody more suitable. I'm sure you're still hot property, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think you should "wait" for him to call. Its clear there is a problem and it needs to be resolved. So you can ring him up too instead of letting things fester. Secondly, I wouldn't move in with him until the foundation of the relationship is stronger.That means until this gambling issue is under control, and until he puts a ring on it. Ain't no shacking up with no end in sight. You said you can take care of yourself, so do that until he steps up in areas where he needs to within the relationship.