I went to visit my ex gf at work today to surprise her with food, everything went good but...?

I went to visit her today, brought her food to show her I was thinking of her. I kept the conversation light, she was really shocked and surprised to see me. I am running a 5k tomorrow and its by her work and she knew about it. She said your running tomorrow right? I said "yes" she said well ill be here" I told her ill stop by right after, and she said "okay".

Now, we have been broken up for almost 3 months, I didn't cheat on her, we just had some bad arguements. Well I texted her today saying hey, and she replied saying "I wish you wouldn't do that" I asked why of course, she simply replied "you know why" and I asked "I can't do nice things for you" she said "I didn't say that, dont show up at my work unnannounced."

My question is, did I mess up? I am trying to get her back, should I still pop up tomorrow after the 5k? I am really in love with this girl, and this hurts really badly. We dated for 3 years I dumped her.. but it was because I didn't want to work on us I was too busy with school and my job. But now I can't progress without her. Should I continue fighting?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I would advise moving on. You dumped her once and I feel like once you got her back, those negative feelings (and arguments) that made you dump her in the first place would return...that tends to be the trend with couples who break up and then get back together. At least take a moment to reflect on what things were like and what things would REALISTICALLY be like if you two got back together, especially after you probably broke her heart.

However, if you're hell bent on getting her back, I would try asking her if she minded you stopping by after the race. She probably won't since you already mentioned you would and she said "okay" but I think it would be a nice gesture to ask if she minded anyways. You were the dumper, not the dumpee, so it should be easier for you to get her back.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE