Broke up with girlfriend because she was too shy. 3 months later still miss her and am doubting my decision to break up. Did I do the right thing?

I broke up with my girlfriend of 10 months because she was too shy (we only saw each other on weekends since we lived 100 miles apart). She didn't have any friends that she would hang out with which also bothered me. Literally, very introverted. Hated going out in public but would do it for me. Many times I would have to bargain with her or make deals just so she would hang out with my friends with me. When we were physically intimate she was never assertive and I would always have to initiate any physical intimacy which really bothered me.

But aside from all that we were a wonderful match. As time goes by (and I basically meet nobody, can't get a date to save my life, don't feel like I will ever find a girl as good as her overall, I know lots of people who say their ex girlfriend was the one that got away, etc) I'm feeling like I made a mistake. I just don't know if she would ever change (be less shy/introverted) and if I could deal with it, which is why I'm hesitant to get back together even though I really want to right now. Part of me wanting to get back together could also be since I started contacting her after 2months when in reality I wasn't over her yet.

What do you think, did I do the right thing?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it man.
    Speaking as a fellow introvert (not as bad as her tho), she is not going to change. She will always be like that.
    The fact that she let you in would have been a MASSIVE step for her.
    The things that you find so easy to do when it comes to socialising would be really hard and emotionally draining on her. She really did a lot for you- but you wouldn't know.

You seem like you just want to go back to her because you're lonely. You miss that she put 100% of her focus on you and the more extroverted girls that you have been seeing since her won't do that because they simply can't as they have too much focus on other things as well.

Trust me, if you loved her you would know.
    Don't put her through that again, you are to unstable for her, and if you get back with her and then decide you cannot do it again then her introversion will only get worse, if it hasn't already from the first break up.

Move on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE