Is my ex girlfriend seeking attention from me/still has feelings for me/just wants me to chase her or just want me to leave her?

Hi everyone, my ex girlfriend in which I was with for a year and 4 month broke up with me last month. I pursued the no contact rule for a while however as she and I study at the same place and is in many of my classes I had to break it earlier than I would have liked. My first contact with her went fine, there was a few physical contacts as we were talking and quite a few laughs followed by 2 hugs before we left each other, following that we spoke on instant messaging for a few days after. However I have no fixed idea on why she left me, she started getting distant from me on this group trip she went on, and apparently things happened between her and this boy and they still keep contact till now (This boy keeps on going over to her first and attempts to spend as much time possible with her, I've heard he likes her but wants to give it 3 month before asking her out. He is the complete opposite to me.) I've questioned my ex about what happened on the trip and she said nothing happened but I keep hearing from other people that they were flirting constantly and that he wanted to get into the same bed together but my ex said no, also I asked my ex if she likes him but she refused point blank to liking him but from other people I've heard she's giving mixed feelings about liking him. Anyway she's been showing signs of depression recently and keeps on telling me how she hates her life and has severely messed up and sent me a picture of her crying with her mascara dripping all down her face. Should I ask if she's any better? Here is some background info about us, she has always caused a scene when it came to me asking if she was starting to like someone else and whenever I messed up she would always blow it out of proportion. She has previously broken up with me but then took me back after a week. She has also said she has small feelings for me. What should I do next? Please help me, I know I still want her back not just the relationship.

20