Breakup over a misunderstanding... is it really a misunderstanding or is he just finding an excuse to break up with me?

My boyfriend of 4 months and I got into a big fight over a misunderstanding.. I was trying to explain this to him but he refuses to speak to me in person or on the phone and is forcing me to text him.. I explained to him so many times throughout our conversation that texting is a bad idea.. but he wouldn't answer my phone calls and would just text me...

The fight was over another guy.. he keeps insisting that this guy I have to work with is flirting with me.. I told him that he isn't and he should stop worrying about it.. I'm not sure if my colleague is flirting or not I just think he's being nice.. but I don't want to think about it and I don't care. I have zero interest in this guy and I'm a very devoted person.. I've never cheated and would never. I explained this to him already the last time he had a fit about the same guy..

So it turned into a huge fight spanning over two days. Still he refuses to speak to me on the phone.. He broke up with me 3 times.. Actually the first thing he did when he first hung up on me was text me to break up with me...

After fighting with him for 2 days I realize that maybe he just wants to break up with me? And is using this as an excuse.. so I just told him that if he wants this to be over then it's okay it can be over.. I didn't really know what else to say or do.. I'm really sad because I really liked him and a few times I actually thought we would work out... It's like when it's good it's really good and when it's bad it's really bad.. it's just way too extreme for me... I'm a very sensitive person.

I'm not sure what I could have done differently.. or what else to do now.. thoughts?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy most likely WAS flirting with u. Guys usually aren't that "nice" fyi. But still, he souldnt threaten to break up with u even though u werent cheating. If u WERE cheating, or even flirting back, then it would be different. This guy is insecure, and doesn't trust u. If u r willing to deal with that though, and still want to be with him, then the only thing u can really do that MIGHT satisfy him is if u told the guy at work off. Maybe u could just subtly fit that u r in a relationship into the conversation and see if he backs off. Then tell your bf that u told the guy off, and if THIS doesn't make him happy, then nothing will and u need to let go. If he does take u back tho, and this kind of thing happens again, u should break up with him regardless of the situation. I wish u the best of luck, hope this helped :)

• Yeah the guy already knows I have a boyfriend and I'm only working with him for this week and then not ever seeing him again. There's no reason for me to tell him off. My ex-bf knows that I'm not working with him again after this week. So I can't really tell him off or anything.. I'm just trying to move on now. but thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys make up their mind if you are relationship material at the 3-4 month mark.
    You probably didn't make the grade.
    Plus guys who use you for sex get rid at 4 months. It's a player thing because this is when women start to demand things off of them. They don't want that, hence the dumping.