My ex is threatening to kill me. Should I call the cops on him?

After 6 months I finally ended it after a heated argument. He called me so many names, and I just took it to be the bigger person. After being called every name in the book, we parted ways and I blocked him on my social media accounts. I knew him in real life, but after he moved away we kept in touch via phone and Facebook.

Now his friends are after me. They're harassing me and threatening to track me down. One of them is saying that one of his friends lives near me and will come to my house and kill me.

This guy was never stable. Whenever I would try to leave, he would threaten to kill himself. I was dumb to believe him, and stayed even though I was miserable. He has several mental disorders and should be in an asylum.

Is he all bark and no bite? Should I be concerned about this? Please help.

98

Most Helpful Girl

• He is this Bull dog with more than 'All bark and no bite' here, dear, he is an animal who isn't kidding around and if you are Not careful, you could find yourself Barking up his wrong tree.
    File a restraining order and do it as soon as possible. You need to keep him as far away as you possibly can, out of harm's way today.
    As far as his bullies go, you could always report them to the police for threatening your life. This way with a report filled out, the cops doing a little talking to them, might mean you mean your own... business.
    By telling you he is 'Threatening to track me down,' shows me he is unglued and I wouldn't trust him at this point. He may have had no intentions of ending his own life but who is to say what he may do if he gets a hold of yours Outdoors.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• No he is serious, crazy is an excuse for being afraid and needy. collect all the proof you have and go to the police. The police can under the right proof place him in a mental ward for 72 hours plus his friends can be aproached and possibly charged with conspiracy to commit.

• I would have contacted the police by now. Like you said, he's unstable. Good luck! Be careful!

• If you have solid evidence call the cops asap, if not cops will take a report and do nothing... be safe

• gather the evidence and call the police

• Call the police. Don't hesitate. Be ready to present the evidence.

• yes call the cops u have the right to a fear free life

• Call the cops on him and his friends.

• Just tell your parents

What Girls Said 8

• You need to compile evidence. Don't answer the phone. Save every text message and voicemail. Be aware though that phones automatically delete these at some point. It can only hold so many text messages per contact. Screenshot them and email them to yourself to print. Don't let him know that you are doing this. He may try to break your phone and he will go nuts. Police can only hold a person until they make bail. You HAVE to go file a restraining order. You can do this at the courthouse or you can go to the battered women's shelter. The battered women's shelter is actually best. They don't tolerate any abuse and will file their own orders and do what they have to in order to keep you safe. Let them know EVERYTHING.

• Record anything that happens in person. Just make sure they aren't aware that you are doing so.

• Well, there you go. You can take that into the battered women's shelter and show them. They can file the restraining order. Do not tell him your plans. Do not threaten him back. You can tell him to leave you alone via text. That is his warning.

• Okay I will

• Yes, be very, very concerned! Your profile says you are under 18. Are you parents aware of what is happening? If not, you must get them involved. Have them help you to go file for a restraining order, bring evidence. Print outs of threats from his and his friends, etc. If he calls you, and threatens you, hang up the phone and call the police and tell them what just happened in the conversation, that you feel scared for your life and need help. Do not allow yourself to be victimized. Also, if you are still in high school, one outlet is to perhaps seek help from your school guidance counselor. If you are afraid to tell your parents yourself this is happening, they can help you to do that as well. I know it can sometimes be scary to tell your parents something like this is going on. Take care of yourself, and stay safe!

• I'm too scared to tell them.

• If not your parents, then another trusted adult figure in your life... is there anyone else you can trust that's an adult to confide in that this is happening?

• I don't know

• Yes get a restraining order

• Call the police!! And of course get a restraining order!!

• Call the cops. If he has several mental disorders this won't end well either way. Trust me

• If it's exactly as you described, then im worried for you. please do make sure you tell someone and call the cops if things don't get better.

• Just call the police. Better safe then sorry.

• Call them and fill in a restraining order, also tell your relatives (parents)