Do I owe my ex closure?

My boyfriedn and I recently broke up and during our relationship he wasn't the best boyfriend. He thought it was okay to get other girls numbers at bars, he said he could see himself cheating on me since im waiting until marriage for sex, he's sworn at me while mad at me , would talk about other girls and how they were pretty, wouldn't cut off his ex who repeatedly called him trying to hook up with him, and was a selfish person overall. The last few weeks we went on a break because of my mom (long story) and still talked everyday for hours however when my mom was deciding to give him a try he wanted to be single still and have the opportunity to talk to other girls and have sex with them and get back togeether in the fall and I said no and said we were going to break up. He called me that night saying that he still really wanted to be single for the summer and mess with other girls but if it would ruin things with us he would be with me. I didn't want someone who was only halfway into me so I told him to be single and do what he wanted to do and we could just break up. He was happy that we weren't ending on bad terms and said that he couldnt see himself waiting for marriage for me and that this would be best for the both of us. I agreed with him and said I would see him in September when I got my stuff back and hung up. Since then he has called thirty times and sent twenty five texts and I haven't responded to one. I feel like it was a clear breakup but now he is saying that he feels like I owe him closure and that he wants to get back together. Do I really owe him anything?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't owe him shit! He sounds like a total douche bag and he doesn't deserve a girl like you. He just wants to manipulate you and try to make you stay on the line so he can have the best of both worlds. You are correct he is very selfish and until he figures that out no girl should put up with his crap!

What Guys Said 1

• no, you don't. you'll only waste away your life.

What Girls Said 3

• You owe him nothing. If you feel complete on the matter and that he has nothing left to give you, then do not respond. Do not engage. You have given him enough of you heart, your pain, and your tears. It is time to take care of you, and quite frankly NOT engaging is the kinder thing to do for you and for him. This may sound counter-intuitive, but I promise this is the case. By engaging with him, you would just be allowing him to feed into the drama, HIS drama.

Take care of yourself. Stay strong, and be gentle to you. <3

• You don't owe him anything. He was a lousy boyfriend, as you mentioned. If anything, he owes you closure. Guys like him think he can get away with anything and that the girl should be able to take his shitty behaviour. No. It doesn't work that way. If he wanted or wants to fuck around and he made that clear to you then let him fuck around, you can't stick around to see what happens and get your feelings deeply hurt. It's unfair and a horrible thing to do!

• you dont owe him anything.