My boyfriend ruined my car and cut up my clothes can I get him in trouble?

A couple weeks ago my boyfriend and I got into a fight. He cut up my clothes and took off in my car. He purposely crashed into a trashcan and as a result the drivers side door hardly opens and the outside mirror is missing. He told me if I didn't call the cops he'd buy me new clothes and fix the damages on my car. The day after he bought himself anew pair of shoes and a shirt. Which made me very upset because my clothes are ruined. So since then he hasn't done anything to make up for it just spend his money on weed. This morning I was upset and wanted to talk so he got mad and called me a bitch and put my car into park while I was driving which probably messed up my transmission. He threatened if im not home after work he will come find me. What do I do? Im scared he knows where my mom and friends live.

712

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy seems like a pathetic ass sorry to say. He seems like a bum, why would someone even go to that length to do just things. I say 100% call the police, he will not fix your car or buy clothes, believe me on that one. If he kept doing that to your transmission while driving the car then yeah that is bad and it cost a lot to fix, it is a newer car if i may ask?

He seems like a low life, call the police right now and don't be scared of telling them, he will get in trouble. dump his ass while you're at it too

• It is a 2010. He did it once before a long long time ago.

• oh my, why did you leave him? :( please for your sake break up with him and did you call police yet? This guy is trouble.

What Guys Said 11

• First, how can you classify such a person as a 'boyfriend'? Friends don't do destructive things to their mates.

Secondly, yes you should file a police report. Write everything down on paper to make sure you have the facts in order. Also get in contact with The Legal Aid Society. This is a professional organization established to provide free (pro bono) legal aid for those who cannot afford a lawyer. They will give you a real lawyer to provide professional and accurate advice on what you can do.

Lastly, do not see this man again. Break it off NOW! He obviously has no intention of paying you back. You deserve to be treated with respect, no excuses. The next time it may be YOU he hurts.
    Let's not let that happen. So act now!

• You cold get him for criminal damage if you are in UK then go to the police and from there to the small claims court and take out a warrant for the amount of the damages but this covers only up to £5000. If it is more than that then it is a high court job

• while you're at it get a restraining order against hi. I gather you are USA so judge judy is probably a good bet. He sounds like a real nice guy. Dump him if you haven't already...

• If you're content with pressing charges, call the police. He's damaged your property and made threats. He knows where you live - and if he tries anything he'll be in very big trouble.

• it is absolutely fucking beyond me why girls date complete and utter ass clowns like this fuckwit.

• Go to the cops.

• Sounds like you got yourself a keeper!

• Well, first file a police report. Then file a lawsuit. Get your $$ back. If he threatened you, have him arrested. Easy as that.

• Call the cops.

• Talk to the police, its amazing how helpful they can be. The law is there to help, you just have to be brave enough to get the help.

• Call the cops

• it's vandalism.

What Girls Said 7

• File a Report away for UnAuthorize use of Your vehicle and Destroying your Private Property... And no fear here, dear, also get him for Duress with Threatening you and he cannot now be trusted, this Ticking time bomb, on his next move.
    If it com, es down to it, also tell the cops who will have this report, that you are also going to go and get a Restraining Order because you feel Your life and family's is in.. Danger.
    He needs to pay somehow with what he has done and a Judge will make sure this goes down Right with no Fight.
    Good luck. xx

• Call the police. Make a report.
    Assuming you are in the US you can sue likely sue him in small claims court depending upon the amount of damage to your property. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to consult an attorney.

• make a report... they might just ask why you took so long to do it...

• REPORT the d******d and do it RIGHT NOW.. So, what are you waiting for? .. Get going.

• Call the police immediately, take pictures of the evidence and keep a record of all phone calls and text messages you receive from him as evidence. He needs to be arrested and sued for vandalism, domestic abuse, possession of marijuana, etc.

• Call the cops for sure.

• Just leave that pathetic loser he has no right to harm you