Is he cheating?

If my boyfriend of 6yrs won't let me leave him a hickey and has never said any thing before is he cheating?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• Well - hickey's can be embarrassing especially if you have a social/professional date with your parents or a co-worker or something. When my husband and I were dating, and once my clinical rotation started I had a rule that he not leave any visible marks because, well, a hickey is unprofessional. The patient doesn't need to be thinking of me in that way or wondering about bruises on me. They need to be worried about their health. I consider it a courtesy really. Just ask him why he has had a change in attitude and trust his answer.

• Resident or Intern?

• Well, like I said, you have a few options. You can trust him and hope for the best. You can leave him and give up if you think the broken trust is irreparable. You can hire a detective to follow him and try to catch him cheating. Beyond that, you are not in control of his or any one else's actions. You can only control yourself and respond to situations as they occur. As I said - I think counseling for the both of you is a good idea. At the very least you should seek counseling to work on trust

• Issues within yourself, because regardless of if he is cheating or not or if you leave him or not, you will need to learn to trust again and heal from the damage already done (for yourself). Do this and do it soon. It may also help to have some one who is unbiased to talk to on a regular basis.

No matter what you choose, good luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Not necessarily. he could just not want a hickey. No offense but they are trashy. Just being honest.

• what the hell are you on girl? FIrst breath, because nothing you said indicated cheating. AND hickey's are disgusting, be glad he won't wear one!

• I ain't on any thing drug free nothing on that indicated him cheating. But we had got in to a fight last month and he was telling me he didn't love me as much as he use to and he didn't know what he wanted.I told him to leave if he felt that way but he never left and its like that never happend he tells me he loves me and don't want to lose me. I don't under stand men?

• Join the rest of us!

• I think if you been 2 gether for 6 years you should talk to him...It sounds like you have a lack of communication, which could ruin your relationship whether he is or isn't cheating. You could find out it is a simple explanation of maybe "getting" older and not wanting hickies anymore. I'm just saying try to talk to him to ease your "bad" feeling... goodluck

• I have talk to him about it he just says he don't like the way they look but her finally let me make him one but a little one but it was on the weekend that I did it so when he went to work on monday he came home with a bandaid on it I was like what they hell y do you have to cover it they don't care at work what you got on u.

• have you asked your boyfeind why he has let you. in the past and won't let you now.have you any reason other than your boyfreind not letting you give him an hickey to think he is cheating.

• Yea I have asked him he said he did not want to say any thing then. Yea he started to where colon and he never did maybe when we first met he did. And some times on fridays he won't come home after work. And just they way he has been acting like he wants to keep his distance from me.

• I don't think he's cheating I think you have trust issues for what ever personal reasons, a hickey is not that important. You have to learn to like yourself and think positive, if he's cheating you WILL find out if he's not you wasted your time worrying. EAT AN ICECREAM AND FORGET IT!