Will we ever be together again? Help me please?

My boyfriend and I broke up on feb 1. I drunkingly broke up with him the night before then tried to get back together the next day and he was really upset. He went from wanting to think to me pressuring him into giving him an answer that lead him to say we shouldn't be together. He told me that the pros of being with me do not outweight the cons and that he thinks we are fundamentally different. I messed up so bad and spent many months being mean and not being myself because i was always upset at him for petty reasons because i was immature and thought the grass was greener on the other side.

We met up the next week and got dinner and he came up to my room and I asked to get back together and he kept saying "i dont know" and "i have to think about the long term." He told me that he does care about me and his eyes got watery and he kissed me goodbye and didn't reject me cuddling with him or anything I was saying.

The next morning he changed his facebook relationship status to single and I had a full on panic attack. I couldnt breath and went to his dorm without telling him. He was really upset (of course) and I went full crazy telling him overly personal things and begging him. He told me that he thought our relationship was trouble and that what I was doing was not proving what I was saying.

We hung out a few times after that and he gave me maybes and i dont knows to my questions about getting back together. Last week I invited him to a bar days before I was going and he said maybe. He showed up and didn't tell me he was going to and it really confused me and that's the last time I saw him before these messages. I regret saying the last sentence. Is there any way I can fix this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to sound like a jerk right now, but I think you need to hear it. You've tried everything to win him back, and he has tried everything to push you away. There are two ways this will likely go down:
    1) You both call it quits and move on.
    2) He is pressured into taking you back. Ultimately this may result in him hurting you, again, as he will tell you that he took you back because he felt pressured.

I'm sure you're a great person. You'll meet someone else... but this guy doesn't seem to want to be in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break Up, doesn't mean they can't and don't make up and that it is good-bye, my love forever. And with an Ex, who still marks his X in your own heart, there may come aday when he ends up to Say... I don't knowwhat to tell you...
    As much as you are trying to do this "He said, She said," scenario here, dear, the Best thing to do right now, is give him his Space away from your Face and let him see if perhaps one day he is Missing the Kissing and the His and Her History you both Shared.
    Right now it is a fresh war wound that has not been licked, and with everything going back and forth like a ping ball on the bar wall, it is too soon to Say what will or will not happen one Day.
    And who really Knows.. You both may just end up Friends to the Ends.
    Good luck and for now, Focus on your own life. xx

What Guys Said 1

• You're going nowhere. Cut ties, move on.

What Girls Said 3

• It's done and dusted and it didn't have anything to do with your last sentence. But your last sentence can not be taken back. That's the thing with words, once there out there, it's forevermore.

I think that would be the best thing for ya heart too. I know ya don't wanna hear all this rn. But you have to listen to what this man is telling you. At least he's being honest to you and not stringing ya along when there is no hope to be alive. And a friendship doesn't appear to be of interest for him either.

Apologize (f ya feel that bad about ya last sentence)
    Sever ties
    Keep ya heart strong!

• He doesn't see things ever working with you. If he was a maybe before that you backed him into a corner. You were saying now or never about a future maybe situation.

You're better off cutting ties.

If you really want things to work, don't contact him for AT LEAST 3 months. Then send him something like, "I just went to such and such, remember such and such? Wasn't that a great day?"

Then when/if he replies don't respond unless he asked you something. You need to have BRIEF positive interactions, spread out over time.

Inbox me if you need more help.

• It's over. Time to move on before you begin to verge in on crazy ex girlfriend stalker territory.