Is it meant to be awkward at the beginning of a relationship?

OK well me and this guy have just started going out. We have liked each other for a while now, so I figured we would immediately click.

But he isn't very talkative (never really has been) all he ever says is "yes" and "yer" and "yup" , thus causing me to feel awkward.

Also I have to do everything, I have to make ALL the moves, I even had to ask him out...

ALSO we do not know each other very well, just the basics, but when I asked him if we could hang out before Uni classes start he said "I don't get to school that early, so we won't be able to" .

I might be exaggerating, but I sorta felt slight rejection, I mean if I have to make all the moves, he might as well play along with them.

I mean he doesn't really make an effort to talk to me, I usually have to start the conversation, but it has only been around two days (I know I'm being a worry wart, I just don't wanna end up getting dumped after like a week, so I wanna make sure I do everything right)...

Do you think he is just really shy (I already knew he was sorta shy to start off with, but THIS is a whole new level of shy..)

And as for his short answers, do you think it's because he is nervous around me, and can't think straight, so just gives simple answers...

We are both fairly new to the whole "boyfriend, girlfriend" thing, so we are both pretty clueless, and well ANY relationship advise would be good!

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• its obvious you're both clueless to relationships (no offense) but a relationship needs two people. it seems to me that if you're doing all the work, you might as well been dating yourself.. it seems to me that he's not even interested in what happens with you both as a couple. I think you should tell him how you feel the he makes you feel rejected. if nothing changes I suggest leaving him..

• You've been together for two days?

Take a deep breath and slow down.

You do not have to instantly "click", be in love, and start making future plans together. Relationships take time, and you need to build a rapport. Do not make yourself over-available way too quickly, or you may freak him out and end up be taken for granted.

It takes time to get to know another person. Do not try to "force" the relationship... just be yourself! Remember who you are and stay involved with all the other activities in your life. If it's meant to work, it will. Give him space to come to you, as well.

I think girls tend to rush contact, so perhaps slow conversation down to his speed. Guys don't need to talk as much, and it can often take months to really open up and get to know somebody.

Good luck.