Do you still follow your ex on social media, why?

After a breakup, my first thing to do is to get rid of all memories, photos, messages, delete them on everything social media. I just don't see the point of following them or them following me. My thing is, if i see any reminder of them as i'm trying to get over them, it hurts, so i just try not avoid them as im healing. whats your take on this topic?

106

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I love her to death somewhere deep in my heart but I know I got fuck tons of things to do than to see how my ex is doing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would unfollow while I'm healing but after I'm healed I will refollow. They were once a huge part of my life and cutting them out completely and pretending they never existed just seems really petty to me. Now if they had cheated or something, then that's a different story. But if the break up wasn't bad then I don't see the point in cutting them out completely.

What Guys Said 5

• For some the break up wasn't as bad as society makes it out to be.

• Can't say follow, I do check up on my ex's fb once in awhile, followed by a moment of grief because I miss her, followed by a moment of wtf and then i'm back to my usual happy go lucky, fuck the world personality :)

• Hell no.

We broke up, I blocked and delete her everywhere I could.

• My ex deleted me off of everything but Facebook but still has pictures of us on Facebook.

• I just masturbate constantly, tends to help.

What Girls Said 9

• No all those pictures and things are deleted , out of my life for good, keeping picture and stuff will make it harder to let go

• No... they are an Ex for a reason.

• I don't follow. sure it hurts to see stuff but it gets easier

• I blocked him, but check on him occasionally.

• I agree completely. When relationship ends I try to get rid of anything that reminds me of them bc it's too painful. I unfriend them, sometimes block them so I'm not tempted to look them up, delete their phone number, etc.

• I agree, it's hard to stay friends with an ex so I wouldn't want them still on there.

• Oddly enough... my long distance ex and I still follow each other on everything and still talk regularly. We both haven't gotten rid of anything. We broke up, but then slowly phased each other out of the relationship mindset. So at this point we are just friends, but it's kind of weird when I think about it cause we never stopped talking lol

• no i don2t check him

• Nope