"breaks" in a relationship.. stupid or not?

"breaks"... what's that all about? all this is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

• stupid
  • not stupid
  • dunno.
    Vote C

92

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no such thing to me. A "break" is a break up, if we have to define that we're "technically not together but restart our relationship after some time apart" then I'm just not going to be coming back.

I get needing a bit of space sometimes, but I don't see why changing a relationship status is needed to figure out what you really want. Unless what you really want is to sleep with other people, in which case I still wouldn't come back lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• It's really stupid. Because there are no such things as breaks. You are either in a relationship or your not. You have too many people taking 'break's' yet their cheating on each other while on 'break'. That is ridiculous. I understand of needing space, but that is the appropriate word. You can't be underneath each other 24/7. After a while, you will grow tired of it. Anybody who has this issue because they're 'in love' needs to get out of being 'in love' and learn how to properly love that person and each other. There has to be more balance in the relationship, and 9/10x there is none.

• Yea its just a pass to cheat without actually cheating. Dumb forreal

• In my experience, breaks usually do more harm than good.

• 0|0
  • It is stupid. I had "break" with my girlfriend a while ago and it didn't work at all. Now we're together definitely but we didn't reunite from the break. It's kinda hard to explain

• Its stupid. Work it out or end it.

• stupid.

• stupid

What Guys Said 1

• Stupid. A break is just another word for I am breaking up with you but I am not saying that for fear you are going to find another person before I do or I am afraid you are going to go crazy if I say break up rather than break