Would you forgive your girlfriend if she kissed another guy?

I got drunk and kissed another guy he forgave me but no longer trust me should we stay together. He's cheated before but I don't know this relationship seems broken. Your opinion?

• Yes I would
  • No I wouldn't

642

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in the "I was drunk" crap. Even when I am drunk I still know what im doing. I still know whats going on. Its just my inhibitions are down.

My girlfriend kissed some older guy that she says was a friend. She pecked him on the lips and he was paying for her cell phone bill. I broke up with her because of that. And she met him and his wife at some sex convention. lala la la. anyway.

I forgave her when she came back from her trip after 2 weeks. In the end, a kiss is not the same thing as sex. A kiss is curiousity and living on the edge. Sex is downright betrayal of the body. That's just me. This is all presuming this is a one time thing and not a pattern. More than once would be the end of things.

This does no mean kissing is okay though!

Most Helpful Girl

• He cheated before! And you decided to get drunk, only for you to stupidly kiss another guy? You hold no responsibility or accountability. You should have never got drunk or went to wherever you went to. And you shouldn't have taken him back! You forgive, but you let go. Just like he has to learn to forgive and let you go. Both of you have serious issues. Issues with this relationship as well as with yourselves.

What Guys Said 41

• You are responsible for getting drunk when you know you will do things like that while drunk. And lots of people do stuff on purpose and blame it on booze so not a great trust builder to blame booze.

But he cheated. I would instantly dump a cheater.

You both could be with better people.

• Let me kiss another girl, you still like me then we move on. Just be honest. You get or give oral, ok let me get or give oral, you still like me and want to stay together, ok then we move on. The same is for sex, but also id be more willing to find another after these things happened, but rebuilding could happen... I wouldn't rule it out but now the mind would be on others see...

• This falls into the "Depends" and context area but in your case it seems the trust is gone on both sides and the relationship is in trouble. If it is to be saved, trust has to be earned by both parties.

• I would but my trust for them would severely go down

• I've been in that situation a few times, and I did forgive her. What happened next? Ohh.. nott much really... she only kissed a few more. It's no biggie😡

• Nope. Not being loyal can't be forgiven. My advice would be if you make poor decisions when drinking alcohol, maybe reconsider whether you should drink alcohol or not.
    I personally wouldn't want to be with a drinker for a relationship.

• If i had a girlfriend, no i would not. And he cheated so he's pretty much calling the kettle black. Besides that, he did a worse thing to you than you did to him. It sounds doomed to me. Talk things out together and if you can both work on it, go for it, if not time to move on.

• Drunk is no excuse for it.

• There are many feelings about this and it had destroyed plenty of relatioships. To points here. First do you feel that you can survive anything life throws at you with your partner at your side? If so a kiss is just a kiss. Next how many people would really want their partner to come in bubble wrap so they knew they were the one and only? We develop over time and need the good and the bad experiences to make us who we are, and hopefully it is that person who can stand next to their partner and feel they can take on the world. You will need to forgive in your relationship and be forgiven. All the best to you.

• Why not just agree to an open relationship since neither of you guys can stay faithful?

• Unless her and I are in an explicitly agreed upon open relationship I'm kicking her out of my life so fast her head will spin.

• I put my trust in someone only once. And if i made it clear that a kiss is cheating to my eyes then i will not forgive. by the way if he cheated on you he can't say anything about that kiss

• No I wouldn't

• People have moments that seem to be out of the ordinary. Kissing someone is no big deal. Doing a little petting is also no big deal. It is a big deal for those who are insecure.

• it would depend on the circumstances and they learnt from their mistake in technically cheating

• It's depends on how u react and just go on. Honestly, if my girlfriend do that... maybe it's hard to forrgive her. Yet, she do that when she's drunk. So i'll take that as a sign for me, at least to keep her sober, or when she wants to get drunk, i have to be there.

Maybe she just upset with me.. maybe she wants to show me that i have to respect her more...

• Sounds like the beginning of the end, if there is no trust, what's the point? Go your separate ways and save whatever you have left as good memories before ruining what was once a nice part of both your lives and start resenting each other. Unless you both are on the same page of trust and understanding.

• No because i have been really drunk before and i didn't want to cheat. I didn't turn gay like a lot of girls claim while being drunk. Its not acceptable what you did. You Cheated

• I don't have a girlfriend

• As long she she didn't do anything else

• aslong as they were drunk and would never do it again

• He cheated and u kissed another dude. Its even now if u guys really like eachother give it anothet shot. Now Answer my question please

• i'd actually just end it

• Depends what her excuse is

• My wife is f****** slept with another man and I found a way to forgive her I think he can get over a kiss

• You cheated he kissed it's both of you to move on.

• no I would never forgive.

• Nope

• No, I wouldn't. But I don't understand why you are still with him when he cheated.

• No, NO, NEVER!!

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 5

• I feel like you added the cheating part to justify what you did. If not why doesn't he trust you if he cheated? It takes about 6 to 12 months to build trust back if you're actually both willing to work on it and move past it. The past relationship will never be the same you'll be a whole new/different couple.

• Hell to the no.
    If my boyfriend tells me he got drunk and he kissed another girl, he can go f*** right off. Being drunk is no excuse.

• Being drunk is never an excuse.
    And he cheated on you first so I think this relationship is over way before you even cheated.

• Relationship = Trust

• So if you trust your dad, does that mean he's your partner and you two are in a relationship?

• Yah dumbass in a father-daughter relationship

• no way