Why did my ex block me?

So me and my ex were having problems. Well not as of the last two months of the relationship really but more like I still couldn't get over what he had put me through up until the point. He wasn't considerate of my feelings and he would do dumb things like drive drunk even when I would ask him to stop so many times! We literally got into 3 car accidents together because he was intoxicated and I had never been in 1 before. Also, for most of the relationship he made me feel insecure or like I wasn't good enough. And when I nearly broke up with him other times, he started trying to change but I felt like it was already too late. So I broke up with him because we got into an argument about 2 weeks ago and the way he handled it just reminded me of his old ways. He called me an idiot and a dumbass over something he THOUGHT i did ( he never asks he usually assumes but when I ask him things he gets angry). Since my feelings for him weren't as strong as they were earlier in the relationship, I was at my breaking point. Normally I would look past those crazy arguments but this time was just different. I broke up with him and he was devastated. He screamed, cried, emailed me, everything. He kept saying I gave up on him and I don't love him. I do love him very much actually. But I felt the break up was necessary. After a few days of him blowing up my phone, I just told him we needed to give each other space at least. Deep down I feel like we needed to take a step back to grow up before we could continue the relationship. He was willing. We talked on the phone once a day for 4 days and then on the 5th day, out of the blue, he texted me saying he realizes he's happy without me and that he no longer is interested in getting back together. He basically ended it with a "good luck in life. Hope you can understand." Then he blocked me. I had never cried so hard in my life. How did he go from begging for shit to work to him being so happy? I can't get over this

514

What Guys Said 14

• Sounds like he was hurt a great deal and wants to forget about you. People under the influence of love do not act rationally. Your desire to take a break probably made him think you no longer cared or were wanting to try on other guys for size so he couldn't deal.

• This guy is the classic definition of, "toxic". Run backwards to rid him of your life or he will continue to bring his shit into your life.

• I think what he said was the truth. It seems like your relationship was very rough and full of arguments and heartbreak. So once you broke up with him he probably realized that much of the stress went away and made him happier. In my personal experience I have found that once you break up it is just not worth trying to put things back together. It is simply better to move on with your life and find someone new.

• He sounds like he has very low Emotional Intelligence and hence, acts like a child. This is why he's blocking you. If you two are in contact, that makes you 'real', someone he has to think about, rather than able to just pretend doesn't exist.

Sorry, but he's a jerk.

• Its notnyour fault the guy might have control issues and since he couldn't get what he wanted he wants to make you feel bad about it and feel like you need him, which you don't. I Say get past those feelings and find someone better.

• leave him on his own.
    and I will give u an advice , we all know that if we remove sex from relationship then no one will have anything to offer.
    and there comes true love that is care respect love and someone always thinking about you.
    that is true love.
    I always ask boys
    don't love with bodies
    Start loving the souls
    women heart is so pure and inocent.
    just tell him stop hurting souls don't play with bodies.
    he will be back one day.

• Just to get in your head, is guys can be jerks like that.. I’m sorry

• Best adivce is to start living for ypurself

• He' did that to give himself an illusion he has control or power.

• If he's okay , happy without you. You should do the same. Be happy with someone who admires you and cares for you. It's gonna sting but it's okay because it's for a better future

• Sounds like he is over you and you still have feeling for him sounds like you need to move on

• Bad sex πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

• He met someone new..

• Who knows what all you have mentioned is true and what if you are rephrasing your question to make him look like a jerk. Usually you girls over-interpret and link everything.

Stop being grumpy and mind your own business. Let him be his way.

Work on what is better to you.

What Girls Said 5

• Because he never loved you. At least not like you did. Saying "I love you" does not prove shit if it's not backed by actions. And according to what I've just read he wasn't considerate of you or caring enough, he even put u at risk by driving while drunk. If he doesn't think about your safety how can you think this is love?
    The reason why he begged u to come back after you've broken up with him was because he realizes that he can control you after you've repeatedly given him chances instead of respecting yourself. But after seeing that you are finally not under his control for not wanting to go back to the relationship, he now will probably find a new girl he can manipulate

• He just wanted a revenge for being avoided by you when he cried and wanted to come back. But what i really think is that you did the right choice. He acts like a kid. Dont be sad. You are a smart girl. You will find someone at least more logical. And one more thing, block back him.

• "We literally got into 3 car accidents together because he was intoxicated" he's done you a favor honestly he really has. move on from him it will take some time to heal but he's a selfish moron and isn't worth your feelings or tears.

• Tl;dr. He’s your ex. Blocking is good. You don’t want to see him moving on with his life on FB. Time to move on with your own life

• I know how you feel some of the advice I have received is to forget about him and move on and it takes time but it is hard when you are in love and he is the only man you have ever really loved and cared about deeply