Why did she do a 180 on me?

OK so I became friends with this girl through a buddy of mine she recently broke up with her boyfriend. I invited a bunch of people out to a local club including her and we had a blast and we became really close and even ended up kissing by the end of the night. For the past week we have been talking and hanging out as normally and she said that she was fine with us getting to know each other and taking things slow and even agreed to dinner just the 2 of us and she was excited about. now a whole bunch of us went to the movies the other night and her ex saw me comment on her facebook profile basically saying hi and he started texting her and her friends during the movie asking who I was. the next day she told me that this was moving too fast and she wanted to just be friends. I'm very confused and I never intended to go for this girl but I grew to like her and want to get to know her slowly I don't like being pushy when getting to know someone but yet I still got this outcome. what would you say the problem and/or reason is.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds to me like she is still interested in her ex-boyfriend. She might have been forcing herself to be interested in someone else to help push aside her feelings for him. Either that or she is just interested in being alone at the moment but, I think it is the former because she broke things off after her ex-boyfriend texted her while you were at the movies. Just move on and go get yourself another girl who hasn't recently broke up with someone. It usually takes a while for a girl to get over her ex-beau and the "re-bound" just ends up getting hurt.

What Girls Said 3

• She is not over her ex-boyfriend.

The Ex- Boyfriend is slowly trying to get back with her & in her life. My advice to you is to give her space; and you should date other women. Don't make that confused girl your propriety; because in the end she mostly likely will break your heart if you take her seriously. Guard your heart :) <33

• wow, I think she still has some leftover baggage from the ex and why would she allow him to interupt your movie date? Who broke up with who? I say she hasn't completely moved on from the ex and although she likes you she has reservations!

• shes still into her ex completely.. just move on for now, maybe hang round with another girl for a while.. if she does like you though.. you'll know

What Guys Said 3

• You just asnwered your question..

Because her ex came back and is asking who are you, etc..

It will be unreasonable to think she doesn't have feelings for him.

y advice, stay away from her until she truly gets over him or else you'll simply be a rebound relationship... also your relationship will always feel like they are 3 of you.

• she still wants her ex and might have used you to try and get him jealous do you really want to be the guy after the break up. Id just say OK be friends and wait wait for her to get her life in order if she doesn't take him back but my guess is she will

• The problem is out of your control my friend. It is totally her ex's fault. She still has feelings for her ex obviously. And she's going to still listen to him and still want to be with him for a while. This is what you do. You prove your loyalty. You stick by as a "friend". Slowly but surely show her your better for her than her ex is. It takes time. And this is not gonna be an easy thing to do. You just need to hang in there keep your distance at times. But be there for her. Be her friend, Be anything she wants you to be. But do not let her talk about other guys (unless its her ex) in a "oh I think he's cute" kinda way. this puts you in the friend zone. And your screwed.