My boyfriend cheated on me emotionally with his ex. I’m giving him another chance but how can I move on from this?

My boyfriend have been secretly talking with his ex behind my back. It started out with just work (which I was fully aware of) but then it evolved into an emotional affair. They call each other baby, say I love yous, send selfies of each other (no nudes or anything sexual though). boyfriend showed me the text messages, they’ve met up twice for lunch but no traces of anything sexual. He also said there was no physical contact other than a good bye hug. The affair has been going on for a month ish, which I feel if it continued on further it might develop into a sexual relationship as well.

My boyfriend and I spent hours talking calmly about this and have decided to work on this together. It hurts… but I appreciated my bf’s openness and honesty when confronted and his genuine willingness to make this work so I’m willing to give him a chance (🤡 I know). I want to give myself time to heal and I’m open to walking away if I can’t handle it but in the meantime, what can I do to heal from this? Those who have been cheated on, how did you find the strength to forgive and move on? Please help…

Post Opinion