Ex boyfriend doesn't want a relationship with me anymore...

We had a heartbreaking broke up but I feel he still has feelings...But he doesn't want to restart a new relationship with me anymore...We are now NC for 3 weeks..

Is it wise to keep NC Because his feelings may fade away...

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Your problem is that you believe that "love conquers all." That's simply not true.

What IS true is that LOVE IS *NOT* ENOUGH. You must also be _compatible_ with each other, and clearly the two of you aren't. He knows that, which is why, despite still having feelings for you, he broke up with you and has made a clean break. He did the right thing, and YOU need to accept that this relationship HAS NO FUTURE. Until you do that, you'll be stuck on him forever, and won't be able to move on, when moving on is exactly what you need to do.

This is a very important lesson: relationships require more than feelings, they also require compatibility, and if you don't have that, then your relationship cannot last, no matter how powerful your feelings for each other are. That's why it's so important when you meet someone and start dating them, that you TALK to each other a lot about all areas where compatibility is important. IMO, your first 3 dates need to be talking about that kind of stuff heavily, until you've both gotten through your own personal lists of areas where compatibility matters.

If you don't do this, then you're going to doom yourself to repeating this pattern: falling for guys you aren't compatible with, and having relationship after relationship fail. Hopefully you learn the lesson before you do that again.