Ex girlfriend got me arrested!

well we broke up last Sunday and a few days ago I was angry so I texted her calling a "schizo whore" and I told her to "die".

last night police show up at my door and put me in cuffs for making those statements because she claimed to be threatened and feels harassed.

i spent 15 hours locked up in jail and got a court order of protection against me,

what do you GaGers make of this situation? yes she is crazy yes she is actually schizophrenic

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hah. You know what, I hate to say it, because I was about to empathize with you for having an immature vindictive ex, but NO.

Whyyyy would you call someone a schizo whore and tell her to die?! I don't care what she did. You don't treat people that way - especially if she actually is schizophrenic (a disease), I don't blame her for feeling harassed at the fact that you were so cruelly drawing attention to this fact. It's like laughing at someone, because they can't walk.

Honestly, it's because of people like you that women go crazy. Your update is what makes this entire statement so disgusting. You obviously didn't respect her as a person and are mad at her like she's some kind of malfunctioning computer that you want to throw out a window.

You sound like the crazy one here. She may be crazy too, but honestly - did you think telling her to go die would calm down her crazy at all? No. Here's what happened. You lost it, acted completely illogically and irresponsibly and are now whining about it. Man up.

3|5
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • is that you

• Show All
    • Wow. What are the chances that this answerer is the same person as the girl in question. Is it not possible for people to type very similarly? And if the QA's girlfriend could type this well and this logically, does she really have schizophrenia. Does the QA think his girlfriend has schizophrenia, or was it diagnosed?

• it was diagnosed and she had a major hallucination a few years ago. she is a legit schizo. yes she is a really smart girl but apparently I pick the crazy ones

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• your girlfriend is not crazy. she know what she is doing. she provokes you. that is all. she is evil with deliberately intentions. she is dangerous. but I think also demon possessed and is a witch. she wants to kill you and destroy you with the snake and chokehold and stronghold. they do rituals for that to call for those demons and curse you. she is jealous and helps a friend that wants you dead. so seek. who hates you. who is your enemy. you must be great. otherwise nobody is jealous. but be careful. there is danger outthere too. you are probably better in something then somebody else who is jealous of you and hire a witch or is a witch. witchcraft is used against you that is for sure. hate is jealousy. so if someone hates you that someone is also jealous because you are better in something and they kill what is compative to exclude them so they get all the intentions for themselves again. perhaps someone did fall in love with you and somebody else find out about it so you never know about it. the killer allways has a motive. remember that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never never never NEVER in the heat of moment send a message to someone when you are very angry. Cause you can never take that back. Especially if you claim she is "crazy and schizophrenic." The last thing you want to do is make a "crazy person" very upset. Even though you guys broke up, you were out of line to call her a "schizo whore" and telling her to "die."

Schizophrenia isn't a choice-remember that. It's a mental disorder.

It wasn't wrong of you to get angry, but you could have handled your anger better...like playing a sport to take out your anger, getting involved in a hobby, painting, writing, etc.

2|3
    0|0
    • What did you think she'd do after you called her a "schizo whore" and told her "to die"? Did you even think how she'd take what you said? Or the consequences of your actions?

• i will probably be put on ACOD after my next court date. for now she has an order of protection against me that may or may not be dropped after the court date if I don't contact her.

• It's evident there was no love in that "relationship". Your needs were being met and when things failed you attacked her where it probably hurt the most.

What do we make of this situation? that regardless of her actions, you're a d***.

0|3
    0|0
    • He looks down on schizophrenics. They're still people, and as such, should be treated as human beings.

• And...?

• Maybe I commented on the wrong one, I'm not sure. But you're right though.

• It's better just to let go. She's obviously not going to take you back and really, who wants all that drama...and just for some poon?! Hell, if I was a dude, I'd rather stick my junk in a lubed up pringles can and call it a day. Or get a hooker. But whatever you do, don't bother with the drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe don't call women "schizo whores" and you wouldn't end up in this mess?

You sound like a douche from your update and I'm not surprised if you are both as bad as each other... :')

0|4
    0|0
  • If someone is crazy it's not their fault and also you should use caution around them. Since she has undesired psychological issues you don't want her to mother a child that could result from her good p****. My best advice is to choose your partner more carefully next time and don't contact her anymore. You and everybody else is capable of finding a partner that is equal to them.

0|2
    0|0
  • You did threaten her. And you did harass her. So by all means, she acted well within the law. So get over it and learn to control your emotions.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't think it was worth being sent to jail for. My ex physically, emotionally and domestically abused me but I didn't get him arrested. I've been told to die so many times before; it's such an immature minor thing that I would never think to waste police time arresting angry people who hurt my feelings haha!

People get angry and say things they don't mean. She should've understood that, blocked you and not wasted police time on such a silly thing.

You're finding it hard to let her go because you think she's sexy. It's clear you never loved her for who she is, only her body. In that case, you could easily find another sexy girl who's personality you do not care for. Don't feel too sorry for yourself.

1|1
    0|0
    • Abuse should be called out, so I would think your ex should have been arrested. That sounds horrible.

And she did have schizophrenia, so she couldn't have understood that she shouldn't call the police. But I do think that it sounds a little strange for the police to arrest someone based on the evidence of a text message.

• Show All
    • It would just cause more hassle though tbh and if I tried to get him arrested, then I may as well try and get all the other men who have abused me in the past arrested but then that would just cause unhappiness and misery to many people. I'd look like some selfish attention seeker or something.

• Yep. The justice system isn't always kind to abused women, sadly. :/

• That girl is crazy! You made the right descicion to dump her. And maybe sue her for her stupidity plus even if you don't win she still has to pay all that money for a lawyer etc ...

0|0
    0|0
  • funny story , I feel sorry for you beacuse you are stupid.lol, you called a girl a"schizo whore" you are a bad boy friend .girls need respect I would've done the same thing stupid ass

0|1
    0|0
  • you are both crazy! but I don't get anyone who would call the police for that..this you should have dealed with each other.. itยดs childish.. Man relationships and break-ups can be really crazy..

0|0
    0|2
  • 1: Buy a fleshlight.

2: Move to Liberia.

0|3
    1|1
  • You verbally abused her, so I don't feel that bad for you. Maybe this experience, though extreme, will help scare you into treating your fellow human better. I mean, what did she do to cause the breakup? I mean it's not like she cheated or something right? Hence why I don't understand, but even then I would still think that was too much.

As if "schizo whore" wasn't bad enough (and sexist), it's horrible to tell anyone to "go die," especially someone you once cared about. I have never said that to an ex; it's just too darn hurtful and untrue (for me, anyway, I want them to be happy but away from me). Also, you used her mental illness against her. That is hurtful and not alright; some of us have chemical imbalances and it's a struggle to get up in the morning at times. I am not proud to say that I personally have used insults, but ones on character/behavior that can be easily corrected by said person.

To those saying he threatened her, I think telling someone to "go die" basically means "I wish you ill," which is different from "I want to do x/I will do x to you." What he did was wrong, but I don't know if he indicated that he would actually cause harm to her. I do understand that she wants a protection order; she has every right to one.

0|1
    0|1
    • I guess the "go die" is based on the situation, and it's true that we don't know the situation. I would never be with someone who told people to die, because I'm looking for someone who views life as more valuable than that. Good answer.

• Show All
    • QA: That's not love. You're hurt? Maybe you had a little, but that doesn't make how you treated her right.

• women say lot more worse things,should they be dragged to the police station as well?

What Guys Said 11

• what do I make of this situation? kids being childish. she would presumably know you well enough to know your 'threats' were empty, but if not then no threat should be taken lightly. If she is actually schizophrenic then anything that could possibly be perceived as a threat will be, and you should have known better. Live and learn, I guess...

0|0
    0|0
    • look, it sucks, but you should never ever threaten a genuinely paranoid person. Obviously, some reaction is expected of you, but any threat of violence is illegal. Granted, she took things a little too far, and you aren't likely to be actually charged with anything - but it's like this: if you didn't 'love' her, would you actually give a crap enough to tell her of after you broke up? That's the issue here. We can not make you stop wanting her, nor can we offer any advice as to how to do so.

• This "relationship" was just based on sex, anyways. You don't call someone you love "schizo whore".

0|2
    0|0
    • @the most recent update

Did this occur, before or after, you called her a "schizo whore"?

• before

• then damn yall dynamic was just dysfunctional...glad to see that you are cleansed with her presence.

• You wouldn't believe how many dude are in jail cause of their girlfriends. Just pick you mates betternext time if she calldd the police over this litttle thing shell call the police again and you'll be doing prison time

0|1
    0|1
  • She got a court order of protection against you. Now I'm not sure what that is exactly (sounds like a restraining order or something), but I'm sure that means that she's OFF LIMITS. Let go of your attachments. Why would you want to get back with someone after getting angry and breaking up, and telling her to die?

I think texting "die" might be enough for the police to show up. Let this be a lesson. Next time, don't tell people to "die". Just leave it be. Learn to be calm. You don't want to get arrested again.

Even someone who isn't schizophrenic could be scared by being told "die". So don't look down on schizophrenic people.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yep. I have flipped out on people before, but never saying stabbing words like THAT. Geez. :(

• Sentiment is understandable. Method of execution was sloppy. Allow me to elaborate:

"Would you please make up the mind you apparently don't have?" would have been hard to text, but would have put her on the spot.

Follow it up with a line from a Good Charlotte song: "A ghost of you / is all / that I have left /..." Include the slashes.

And... don't text her again. If she still calls the cops, you could ask: "Does she not know that's from a Good Charlotte song? Does she know what poetry is? Google it!"

Ta da! You win. Unless they're total dicks. Then, you get the judge to laugh the case out of court. And more of the neighborhood would take your side.

Understandable sentiment; sloppy execution.

0|0
    0|0
  • You committed a crime.. You deserve what you got. You have to stay away from those situations.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound even crazier than she does.

2|4
    0|1
  • sucks, but you gotta be careful

0|3
    0|0
  • Well, you saw her true color.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares what she is?

I smell:

(1). Civil lawsuit for defamation of character (no qualified privilege because the statement to the police was not made in good faith), and malicious prosecution.

(2). Criminal charges for falsely reporting an incident.

Consult an attorney to determine whether you should press charges immediately, or if you should wait until your own criminal charges are dealt with before pressing charges (there's an important difference depending on your unique circumstances and evidence against you, and against her).

Definitely consult with a lawyer to file a civil lawsuit for defamation of character and malicious prosecution - immediately. This will have no impact on your criminal charges and the charges you will later press against her.

0|0
    1|2
    • okay, with respect to your update, you have issues man. I thought you were the victim for a second, but you have to be able to let go of people. She's not unique. She's just like any other hot and sexy woman with a vagina. She left, go find a new one.

• with respect to your second update, you're absolutely right, being a douche does not warrant being put in jail. It's not a crime to be a douche. Yet, it is a crime to harass, threaten, and intimidate repeatedly or seriously. If you did that, even if you think you were "emotionally" justified, then you were not "wronged" by being accused and subsequently put in jail until your arraignment.

• Even if she harassed you first, I think it's pretty damn unlikely that you can do anything about it.

Never speak to this girl again. If you have to go to court, be extremely calm and apologetic.

0|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes