Tell my ex I'm seeing someone new?

so my ex and I had a roller coaster of a relationship for a little over a year. Over this time he broke up with me about 6 times.. but somehow I always took him back. Eventually I realized that we just weren't right for each other and I broke up with him near the end of February.

At first things were fine, but then he started going kind of crazy and telling me that he can't live without me. Its now been several months and about two weeks ago I met someone who I can really see having a relationship with. We have been spending a lot of time together already and we both seem to really like each other. The problem is, my ex is still in love with me. He talks to my sister and tells her that I am the one, and that he wants to get me back.. that he still loves me.

He will text me and ask me if I've slept with anyone else or if I am seeing anybody.. and usually I just kind of avoid the question...

Do you think I should tell my ex that I'm seeing someone new, next time he asks? Or do you think I should wait more time to see if this thing with the new guy develops any further?

I told my ex that I would always be honest with him, but I don't know if he can handle that I have moved on and I'm really into someone new. I don't want to hurt him.. so what should I do? or how can I be honest with him, but not tare him apart?

69

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell him you are positive your relationship is over and he should move on that there is nothing he can do ato change your mind. Express to him you have moved on and he should to. I would not go into details about dating someone or anything like that seems like it would be throwing salt in the wound and he doesn't need to know all that information it could make him worse.