Men; I Don't Care if You Don't Like My Makeup!

In most recent times, I have seen plenty of gag questions and articles referencing the opinion of men about women wearing makeup. How much is too much? What colors? What about when the makeup comes off? Too fake, too bland etc bla bla bla.

Since I turned 22, I have been wearing full makeup everyday. Foundation, powder, contour, highlight, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrows, lipstick... yep I do a full face everyday. And guess what? It hasn't stopped guys from asking me out... It hasn't stopped me from living a full life and having my fair share of boyfriends. And when I woke up in the morning and they saw me without makeup, my relationships didn't end.

Personally, aside from making me feel better and look more awake, makeup is a form of art and self expression. I can showcase my ability to accentuate my facial features, and combine a series of products/color to vibrantly look "put together".

With this being said, I don't care if others disagree with makeup, or consider it too much. If a man sees what he considers a "hot" woman, he isn't exactly concentrating on the amount of eyeliner or eyeshadow she is wearing. Unfortunately, it is often the men that say that they like natural women, that end up with girls that look like made up dolls.

So yeah, men/women whoever believes they are a judge... some of us love the full face, and really don't need your commentary on whats right and not right. There are no rules. Focus on you.

2957

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't care what other people think about this. . . why have you been reading their opinions?

• Daaaamn! OP roasted at 1000 degree Celsius.

• @Touchmehxx

Just like the writer of this Take shouldn't feel the need to write this Take to begin with?

• @FakeName123 Exactly! This is all "pretend" talk. I'm going to pretend that I don't care and I'll look like a confident and independent woman!

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly dont know why women wear makeup if not for men or others?
    Like if you were to be in a room by yourself without anyone ever looking at you, would you really wake up early to pretty yourself up for yourself every single day?

Lol I know I wouldn't. Hell, I probably wouldn't even wear pants.

• "Like if you were to be in a room by yourself without anyone ever looking at you, would you really wake up early to pretty yourself up for yourself every single day?"

Personally I've played with makeup sooo many times even if I was just staying at home the entire day. If I was in a room all by myself, I probably wouldn't put on makeup every single day (I don't even really do that now). But I would still keep doing it regularly because makeup is fun.

• @BuchitaBurchys
      haha, this is actually quite entertaining watching you ask the same question over and over again while the other person gives a conflicting answer.

• @Salohcin22 it happens a lot. With many users here lol

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 56

• How many guys have you had come up to you and say whoa you look like a clown with all that make up on? Or just simply say.. dude.. errrr I mean hey lady why so much makeup? Is this even real? Am I being punked? Ashton come out already !

• I love the message here. Be who you are and don't worry about what others think. Everyone should focus on themselves.

• Says she doesn't care...
    Procedes to write an essay just to show how much she "doesn't" care.

• I wear it to impress myself and others, and if you read the article you will see what I am saying. I never denied that. What I am trying to convey is that guys complaining about makeup, or saying they dont like it, or judging is something that I don't care about. If a guy doesn't want to talk to me or ask me out because I wear tons of makeup, I don't care. I am still gonna wear it and enjoy it.
      Read the article.

• This is an opinion based website, they just list their preferences when it comes to makeup and women they like.

No guy is going to go up to you in real life and tell you he doesn't like your makeup. If he didn't like it then he just wouldn't be attracted to you and not even give it a second thought. I read your article... it's just pointless.

• Whoa whoa whoa, loose those t*ties there girl. You sound as if you re offended and acting like a dog that someone trespassed his yards fence or something. You say you see a lot of Q here about makeup etc. Those are GIRLS asking truthful guy opinions and not just GUYS that got up this morning and said: "lets flame those makeup clown bitches". You mentioned "you go full makeup every single morning and that hasn't stopped guys from hitting on you" Well. Grats? Have a cookie. Jk. You failed to mention that IN EVERY SINGLE makeup Q, every guy says "natural/light makeup over no makeup over clowns/heavy". There is a major difference between a nice makeup and a haloween costume. If you're really good at painting your face with all this concrete and still dont look like freddy cruger, then bravo as your skills are on point. What we DONT like is girls, pretty or ugly, that look stupid with all this makeup. And lets face it, most look stupid or like a pair of shiny lubed red light bulbs. Anyways. Dont be absolete. And grats again on your makeup skills. Teach others please.
    Btw: if you're so proud of your makeup-guy-trapping skills why go anon? ;)

• I did find it a little strange that the article is about not caring what men think about girls wearing makeup --saying that not all our actions are based on pleasing men-- yet she used guys asking her out as proof her makeup is good.

Don't get me wrong, I love the point of this article, just found that tidbit a but counter-logic

• @TiredGirl123 i also saw that counterlogic that why i took the time to write such a long reply. "I dont care if you men dont like our makeup because i do it for myself and not you and to prove im right I've slept with many men and they didn't care about my makeup while banging me." Logic 0%.

• yeah good comeback

• Good... didn't fucking like it anyway :)
    i'd rather see a troll and wake up to a troll...
    than see a "hottie"... n wake up to a troll.
    My sis is a make-up artist... i have an arsenal of opinions...

• And we don't care if you don't care if we like your makeup. :)

Seriously, make up is like frosting on the cake - it's what makes it look appetizing.
    The 'stick is a little dark, but otherwise a big thumbs-up.

Just don't squander your youth - it's your primary draw right now. By thirty you'll be starting downhill and having to compete with the girls your age now. And all the good guys got snapped up. It gets increasingly difficult to find a satisfactory mate.

• Good for you butility I will none the less state how I actually do prefer all natural and I do not mean that I'd change my mind and go for a doll.

If I am with a girl, I want to know how she actually looks.

• I prefer LITTLE TO NO MAKEUP. A lot of false advertising going on!

Men, if you are dating a Woman that uses a lot of makeup, take her to the beach/pool. You need to know how she looks without it!

s15-us2.ixquick.com/.../serveimage

• You're right. You care if it pisses other women off because it makes you look more desirable and thus of a higher status than them.

Oh, and:
    "really don't need your commentary on whats right and not right. There are no rules. Focus on you."

Dear Pot,

Thank you for your insight.

Signed, Kettle

• Oh here's a big surprise. YET another woman who is going to do what she wants but all the while probably turn down men for height and other stupid stuff.

What the hell is wrong with wearing makeup that is guy friendly?

• i prefer girls without make up but i agree with you on this 100% do what makes you feel good about yourself , opinions should not make you something you dont want to be.

• Let me reiterate what you wanted to say:

"Look, I'm so insecure that when people say they don't like something on me I start feeling inadequate, but since I'm not emotionally mature enough to *gasp* accept the idea that there are things on me that people might find inadequate I'm just going to tell them how wrong their opinion is and how I totally don't care about it. Oh boy that makes me feel much better already!"

• Yes, you care so little that you thought you would take the time to write an open letter to a bunch of strangers on the internet. Flawless logic.

• You sound quite bitter... chill, no one is telling you to not wear full makeup, we're simply expressing our opinions.
    You say you put on makeup because it's a form of self expression, well expressing your opinions is also a form of self expression, so I think us men can, and should say it out loud if we prefer girls with little to no makeup.

You do you, we'll do us... though please, don't compare makeup with are. I get it, modern paintings look like crap and people think everything is art, but saying makeup is art... yeah no.

• Would you care if 0 men ended up liking you? Because most women with this attitude are still getting men's attention but if they didn't they would suddenly change their mind.

• You are fortunate to live in a climate that allows you to do what you do.
    Where I am (Gold Coast, Australia) it is another 40 centigrade day.
    If a woman puts on a full face here, the heat and sweat melts it off in minutes.
    My daughter, who is a girly girl, has been struggling this this for years. - lol

• Thing is, you're not getting it. Us guys don't DISLIKE the use of makeup in women. If anything, we're actually FLATTERING the fact that we really do like it when you're a-la-natural. As in, you don't really need any of that to look gorgeous. It's a compliment. You're free to keep doing it, and even more so if you actually like IT (rather than the benefits of).

• I don't care whether or not you wear makeup. You are allowed to wear whatever you want without giving anyone an explanation.

• I don't care about how much do you care about how much do I care.

• Women! We don't care that you don't care whether we like you make-up or not...

Nobody said it would keep you from being a tramp.. quite the opposite actually!

• Good deal for you, just realize that men will move past you because of the amount of makeup you put on. For instance, last week I saw a gal and then move past her after realizing how much make up she had on (we were at the gym).

• Well guys who aren't interested in girls purely because they wear something to make themselves feel good, don't deserve the girl in the first place if they're that shallow

• @Salohcin22 what about bald guys?

• @Touchmehxx
      "Well girls who aren't interested in guys purely because they wear (a wig instead of makeup) something to make themselves feel good (and look better), don't deserve the guys in the first place if they're that shallow"

I edited it to reflect guys who shave their head and wear a toupe or ig of some sort.

I understand where you are coming from but I don't think that girls actually think this when it's on the opposite side and a dude is wearing a wig, only when it's their makeup, which is kind of disheartening, but whatever =/

• Fine with me. We are just stating our opinion just like you did. No need to attack us just because you disagree with what most guys think about makeup.

• its more than just the physical appearance that bothers a lot of guys, rather its more of a confidence and insecurity issue which many of you dont want to hear. I'm trying my hardest not to sound mean I really am, but you think that you aren't enough to impress others as you stated? you wear it to impress people. you feel as if makeup is needed because you are missing something? you can't just impress people without makeup? you aren't even comfortable with yourself and you can see that as me being judgmental, but I am the same as the guys who judge you based off how much they like your makeup. you are the same, with how you pick and choose who you like. confidence is a great trait which impresses others easily.

• I don't care if you don't care. And you don't care if I don't care if you don't care ad infinitum.
    Steven Pinker refers to this as common knowledge vs. shared knowledge.

• I'll always prefer a girl with a natural face with light makeup, than a clown with a caked up face.

• Well... Back in 1987 did you heard the PTL scandal with Jim Bakker? The reporters and general public made fun of late Tammy Bakker who wore a thickest pan cake make up. When Tammy was always in tears. Her mascara ran down so messy. Later in New Orleans french quarter, I see a small poster in any souvenir shops of Tammy Bakker in tears saying that you look like a shit. A big joke.

My mother, now gone. When her make up is off... I can see her freckles are on like her old childhood pictures which she hated. Marilyn Monroe had lot of freckles covered up too. Wearing too much make up if you plan to nap... Sofa, pillowcase, sheets, and clothing can smear on it and hard to come off.
    Other option to wear light make up. I have seen some women too pretty with it.

• the older u get u can tell ur cats all about it then lol

• What was the point in posting this if you don't care? I can see if someone asked you but outright posting it?

• I think Make up looks awesome and sexy. <3 :D :-D <3

• I like natural women, and my girlfriend only occasionally wears eyeliner so...

• Show more from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 28

• Yes you do, people were makeup to look beautiful and impress others. Women always say I do it for me but the truth is we do it for people. Also if you really didn't care you wouldn't have made this question

Read the article.

• Do you want to not give everyone the same response?

• I don't wear makeup tbh. And the reason probably sounds really strange but I don't wear it because it would make me feel insecure in a way. I've never worn it before so if I did then I feel everyone would be like "why are you suddenly wearing it?"... If it wasn't for this then I'd wear it every day. I do like the edgy look though, like in the picture lol. But full face make up does usually tend to look fake to me unless done right. Most the time it does look more like you're a made up doll.

Either way, everyone has preferences and they're not wrong for that or wrong for voicing them. They're not trying to force you to do anything, just giving their opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. You should do what you want to do at the end of the day. If you feel confident when you wear makeup then that's great. If you feel confident without it then that's great. If you like how it looks then that's great. But some people do want other peoples opinions, that's the whole point of this site and you shouldn't be offended if it's not what you want to hear.

• I think this is a tough topic, I also love using Makeup, but not to that point that i have to hid my whole face structure, YES some women do it to look good for others, some just do it for other HIDDEN reasons, and most of us DO IT FOR MEN, whether we like it or not.

I sometimes want to look good for my boyfriend, BUT, I won't look good for him if I change my face completely, contouring here and there, adding this and that, highlighting up and down, YES... but MODERATELY, I want people to KNOW me when i go outside, I LOVE MY FACE, but make up to me is just something that puts some EXTRA EXTRA to it.

But honestly, everyone is free to put as much stuff on their face as they want to, nobody deserves to be judged on that, because we should respect each others reasons and each others nature of thinking.

Have a nice one <3

media.giphy.com/media/l2JhNkpENRx83cjBK/source.gif</a>

• Thank you!

I enjoy that I think my boyfriend gets it. I know he prefers my natural face but when I feel like doing make up he notices it as art that i worked hard on and still appreciates and compliments it all the same.

But either way, I dont do my make up for him. I do it for me.

• I wore white eyeliner yesterday (not the full shebang, just the wing) and some guy pointed it out and was like "the fuck is that what have you done" lmao. I was like "this is eyeliner, eyeliner comes in many different colors. Usually people wear black but I felt like going for a white eyeliner today". He didn't really respond after that 😂 probably had expected me to run off to the bathroom, crying, to take it off.

• I agree. If it wasn't because of my lazyness, I would wear full make up everyday too, but most of the times I just put some eyeliner.
    I think those guys who think women should look natural are not worth it. They have pretty simplistic ideas. It's not that men don't like me because of make up, it's that I don't like men who don't like make up.

• I think men who think women "should be" anything aren't worth it in all honesty😂

• Good for you. I also wear makeup everyday, however my boyfriend likes me more without makeup. I don't wear makeup for my boyfriend or other guys. I think I look more neat with my makeup and I even admit, I am insecure about my acne, blonde lashes and brows, but I also actually like to do my makeup. It's fun to discover products and new lipcolours (I really like lipstick).

• natural loving guys often get on my nerves bc a lot of them are preachy and like to get on their soapbox about girls who wear makeup and weaves. like nigga go find erykah badu and leave me tf alone. i didn't ask you!! the only guy's opinion i would care about is my man, and obviously if he's my man he liked what he saw when he met me.

• 90% of guys don't even realize how much effort and how much makeup girls are actually wearing unless we're wearing a really bright lipcolor or something along those lines. And regardless, if he doesn't like it, who cares! Makeup is just like any other fashion statement in my opinion. I like this post!

• I never understood why guys are so offended by makeup. Like geez a girl who's wearing a lot of makeup isn't 'hiding' the fact that she's wearing makeup. If you have the patience to do that everyday than go for it. I love makeup I just don't have the patience to do it everyday and I'm not good at it.

• ahhh that lippy shade is so... <3 <3 <3

you don't happen to know what it is, do you? (the darker shade, toward her outer lips)
    kinda like Rouge Dior no. 962, but, I'm always on the hunt for dupes

• It feels great to vent, doesn't it! You don't have to explain yourself to others for doing what you appreciate doing for your OWN happiness. Just do it and don't have in a care in the world what the rest might think. The people who love you, and whatever man will (or maybe you currently do have an S. O.) love you, will love all of that about you.

• Exactly. What makes them so arrogant that they honestly think women will change themselves to please them? Especially when they can't be bothered to do the same.

• Wha? She's putting a great deal of time and effort trying to achieve a look for... someone.

• @zagor it could be for herself. Self love is important. And yes, sometimes we do dress for someone else. The two can get intertwined. More than once I have worn a ridiculous outfit because I liked it but no one else did but I didn't care.

• OK, I guess I can't relate. I usually dress just enough to be comfortable, without small children laughing at me.

• I can't wear any foundation because it makes me break out. I kind of wish I could. So I go with the natural look most of the time. Better plain than pimply!

• Thank you so much for writing this. You've put everything I feel into words. I've had a boyfriend who literally flat out told me I wore too much makeup when I only use a light eyeshadow, pencil eyeliner, and some mascara. Meanwhile there are girls at my school who he thinks are hot and they wear a full face of makeup every day! Not judging them, makeup is fun to wear and put on and I love it to the day I die and beyond but guys think about it too much instead of encouraging the girl they like to do what she loves and look the way she wants whether that's with or without makeup. Thanks again for writing this! ❤

• ummm i don't wear make up, guess im one of those rare ones that don't and i look just fine without it... my sister wears it all the time around the house which is silly to me. but to each its own.

• woo freaking hoo 🙄. are you done?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Women look good in makeup. You just come off a bit dismissive with an attitude thats why you're getting a lot of negative feedback.

• Do whatever the f you want for YOU. Don't do anything for anybody else. Makeup is art and some people see that, some don't.

• Girl, I don't care that you don't care if men don't like your make up.

• You go girl! I'm huge on makeup. I'm 16 years old and most of the time I don't do any makeup at all for school but I do love doing it and consider myself quite good at it. I'm also an artist and think of doing makeup as a form of art, just on a different canvas. You said all the things that I keep trying to get across to some of my friends about makeup. Of course, I ask my boyfriend if he prefers me bare faced (of course he's seen me bare faced) and even though he says he likes it when I don''t wear a ton, I still do. He knows that when I ask him what he likes, I'm ask purely out of curiosity. Never because I intend to change for him, which is something he actually finds incredibly attractive about me! As long as you can go without feeling insecure and keep your head held high, then you are beautiful. It's so much more attractive to do what makes you feel like you!

• Yep I totally agree.

• Preach 🙌💗

• Great, great Take!

• Good for you!

• Thank you!!

• Good!

• and they dont care if you are insecure and addicted. wanna proof you are addicted? here is a challenge. go out of your house for a month without makeup on. you can't.