10 Signs You Might be Dating a Sociopath

Full on Sociopaths are at least 1% of the population and with so many people in the world that is pretty high.. with having been in a relationship with one i can say its one of the most horrible situations being with one..

1. Charming.

Sociopaths tend to be very charismatic... they know the right things to say to you to

get into your good books and tend to be very popular.. they have that confidence about them that will just draw you in and make you want to get to know them and be around them.

2. Arrogant.

Ever known one of those people who just think the world of themselves? sociopaths have a tendency to think they're god .. the best thing since sliced bread.. and want YOU to think it too.. they will make sure to tell everyone around them how great they're are at doing things and just love to show of.. no one or nothing is better than them because they don't believe this is possible.

3. Liar, Liar, pants on fire.

Sociopaths life is a game full of lies they will lie and lie and LIE until they believe there own lies are real there is no way or knowing whether a sociopath is telling the truth because they just don't care about lying it doesn't make them feel bad nor does it seem a problem to them... they will be as far fetched as they think you will believe... and getting the truth out of them is near impossible as if it doesn't benefit them then there's no chance.

4. Steal your stories.

This one is similar to above but thought it should have its own number because this is very very common among sociopaths... is someone in your family very ill.. did your dog just die.. did you just get accepted into Mensa.. it is very likely for a sociopaths to have had/have/done the same things as you because they want to be the best and won't let anyone show them up.. they also want to try make you like them and might feel the need to share your interests.. you'd have to believe they'd been alive 100 years for everything they've done.

5. Lack of empathy/ selfish.

Sociopaths don't care about anyone but themselves.. there brain is not designed to care about anyone but them! so if you have any problems.. or issues that you need help with that will put them out of there way.. don't have your hopes to high.. as you won't be getting any sympathy from them at least not any real sympathy because unless somethings in it for them then they'll probably just enjoy your misery.

6. Violent.

Having no morals and no guilt can lead to very dangerous consequences..

sociopaths tend to have little or no self control they don't tend to think before they speak nor do they think before they act.. they're impulsive and if you piss them of they'll have no problem harming you... if they can get away with something be sure they'll do it.

7. Promiscuous.

Be sure to know sociopaths tend to have very very high sex drives and want to hump anything with a pulse they will happily sleep with you because they need there sexual needs satisfied and mostly always have the urge.. they will more than likely also be sexually aggressive and belittling to you.. you're just a object to them after all.

8. Controlling.

They will try pull you away from your family.. your friends.. anyone who is a threat to taking the attention of them.. they won't want you to do anything fun or enjoyable without them and will expect you to give up anything and everything they don't like just to please them.

9. Put you on a pedestal then bring you back down!

This one is a confusing one but a pattern I've noticed among sociopaths... its a cruel game of emotional manipulation which they very much enjoy.. they will make you feel like the most amazing person in the world the best possible thing to walk this earth.. will treat you like a king/queen.. will make you feel like you really have found the one and someone who really loves you for you.. until they have you hook line and sinker.. then they will make you feel like a piece of shit will constantly insult you put you down and make you feel as if you really were born yesterday and are completely useless to this planet.. and then be the ones to cheer you back up again so you forget they were the ones that made you feel sad in the first place.. a total mind fuck.

10. Manipulating.

This can be intertwined into most of the others but this is something which all sociopaths do

and that is manipulate! they will blackmail you till the word becomes the meaning of your relationship.. if you decide you don't want to be with them anymore? for a sociopath they're the only ones who can end a relationship.. "if you leave i'll kill myself" "if you leave i'll kill you" "only i can have you no one else" is all common things to come from there months because they will do literally anything to stop there toy from leaving unless they're the ones who get bored.

This is my experience with sociopaths of course you don't need to be one to have these traits but if you have more than 3/4.. thats not a good sign.

1325
PrincessPie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had pretty long conversations with a few sociopaths online and I could always tell they were sociopaths even before I told them to take a test online. I think the biggest tell that they are a sociopath is when they seem to have a hard time understanding some simple ethical views most normal people have (The golden rule for example), or when they talk about a situation where they were clearly manipulating someone and they think it's completely normal to do that.

From my experiences sociopaths enjoy making everything into "a game", these games are always different and hard to describe but they are usually about trying to get you to do something or making you feel a certain way.

Also I think that in a way sociopaths are much easier to understand and read than non-sociopath, because sociopaths are basically self centeredness personified. They only do things when it's beneficial to them in some way, even if it only gives them some weird sort of enjoyment. And even when they say they're in love it actually just means that they are very dependent of someone and just really really don't want to lose that person cause they enjoy his/her company. They don't usually actually care about their feelings as long as the person stays with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I want to know, is how a crazy person can be so charming and social. Like how do they know what to do to please, if they're insane?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

• Funny thing is how many women come down on me and accuse me of being one, when I didn't do jack to them. Certainly not anything on this list. Must be a lot of projection?

1. Only if I can spit the words out. But my nervousness betrays any effort I put in. So I don't get why gals think it's some kind of game.

2. Analytical. I know when the odds are stacked against, and state as such. Somehow, gals act more frightened by someone who can tell them the odds than by the cocky dudes.

3. Most of the time, I'm straight-up honest about reasons for things. The gal is usually the one telling me the whopper. And then gets panicky when I can tell that she's lying, and tell her how I am able to figure out that she is.

4. Why bother stealing her story? I cannot understand that. Build your own, and make it better, I say.

5. I may not relate, but I can still sympathize. And do so all the time. Issue is, knowing what is and is not an appropriate time / method to show it.

6. I go to pains to avoid violence. It only shows when my buttons have been pushed incessantly until I run out of patience. My fuse can only be so long, and there are some who seem to revel in seeing the big kaboom. Yet, gals act scared of me who are in no danger of lighting the fuse.

7. Actually quite monogamous. I'll talk to a lot of gals, but I'll only be anywhere near that romantically close to one at a time. And I don't break that closeness until she forces me to.

8. They're more afraid of me because I show no fear of integrating their family and friends into the equation, and allowing her to meet mine in return. I see it as a way of keeping everyone honest. Which... tends to frighten them more?

9. Putting the gal on a pedestal is an easy temptation. I only knock her off though, if she's first committed some horrible offense. Like cheating, theft, if I learn the entire relationship on her end was a total fraud, etc. Con artists are punished. I'm pretty forgiving otherwise.

10. No time for that. If I find she's a fraud, I'm gone. May she die alone with her falsehood.

So why do gals flock to the psychos you mention first, and avoid me? Is honesty really such a horrible thing to them?

• spoken like a true sociopath. "noo its not my fault its their fault."

• nope but most sociopaths always try to make it seem like its their victims fault

• @chickentiikaa: Fair enough. Let's look at my second-to-last ex, by this list:

1. Yep. She knew the right words to say.
      2. Extremely.
      3. All the time.
      4. No, but she did steal one of my characters to tell her own story with.
      5. Extremely.
      6. Nope.
      7. Very much so, as I found out later.
      8. Yep.
      9. Yep.
      10. Yep.

She matched 8/10 of these. Good riddance I got away from her!

• media.giphy.com/media/k3ysanIoI6Yx2/giphy.gif

i have dated girls who were like this but at the same time they were really distant it kept me interested till they moved on.

• This list pretty much describes a narcissistic personality too. I would add a lack of compassion. Waiting for you to stop talking, so they can start. Poor listening skills. I have have a lot of the traits on this list.. but I have redeeming qualities too. I actually care about the well-being and happiness of other individuals. That helps balance the more self-centered traits.

• It's a shame that many of these signs take time to notice.

• Lol @ the pedestal gif hahahaha

Sociopaths come in all different shades of grey, light to extreme. Hard to really tell unless you're a qualified professionnal.

• I have 50% of those traits, 60% if we count controlling, though I like to be controlling about my life, not the life of my partner.

• Lol these are signs that you might be dating a person! Whoa, watch out for that 1%.. #OccupySociopathStreet

• You've just described 99.9% of American women. Thank you for telling men to go MGTOW 👍

• From all the guys you choose sociopath. You love him. You love him so much that you've wrote a blong about him. What you date is who you are.

• that doesn't make someone a sociopath

• No you're right it doesn't.. but this is the traits of many sociopaths..
      its why the title says 10 signs you might be dating a sociopath not are..

• but these aren't remotely close and i feel demonize anyone with a extroverted personality. besides, there's nothing that helps you actually identify a sociopath : l

• I don't think being controlling, manipulating, and not caring about others is extroverted they're all just bad traits lol.

• Every girl I've ever dated. Must attract them lol

• These are traits of an asshole.

• Yeah, I'd agree with a lot of that.

• So true

• Good take, this is all true.

• 6/10, hope i'm safe

• Thanks Dr. Phil. Or is it Dr. Oz?

• Sounds like a certain supervillain

• Most of these are the traits of most females.

• Accurate assessment of women.

• You just described 99% of today's women.

• I dated one once. They also act like it's your fault for your behavior. I was dating this girl who was on the rebound who invited me to her place on the 3rd date, and had me go into her room with a condom wrapper from another guy. Then she ended up blowing me off and blocked me on social media. Then I ran into her again months later, she manipulates me makes out with me then blows me off to make out with this other guy and somehow acts like I'm at fault to this day.

I hope that cunt gets hit by a bus. Sorry, not sorry.

• lol most of people who are charismatic and successful possess those traits in a lesser degree

• hmm... going down my friend list now to see who fits these descriptions. lol.

What Girls Said 12

• Nice MyTake. I hope I'll never date someone like that. It's certainly no good.
    by the way the hot black and white gif if from what movie? xD

• Pretty sure my older sister is dating one... :/
    Any advice on how to react or bring this up? Thanks!

• If you really think this.. you need to talk to her and tell her and make sure that he doesn't find out as they're dangerous people.. as they have no emotions towards others.
      maybe sit her down and have a talk with her about it... is she aware that there's something not right with him?

• This is interesting. Being in a relationship with a sociopath is not only dangerous because of the things they do, but also because you can't break up with them. You're forced to be with them, because they might kill you.

• I hate when dating one happens, usually I get trap in their trunks and they usually try to drown me. I hate it when that happens.

• Yeah I dated one before... it was shit. Nice myTake

• Sounds like another hedonistic apath around the corner

• have you ever looked into narcissitic behaviour?

• Wow Just wow.

• You just described 99% of today's men.

• What's your story? Are you, like, okay?

• #11 if they say they're either Feminist or MRA's. Runnnnnnnn!

• Now, imagine being the sociopath.