Being High Maintenance, Isn't a Bad Thing!

Definition of High Maintenance: "requiring a high level of care and attention".

More effort + work = stronger ties

If things come easy they are much less appreciated than things that you work for. Take for example; you bought a pair of Walmart jeans that were on sale for $12.99. A month later you got grass stains on them or maybe you ripped them. You think to yourself "darn, oh well I'll go get a new pair next week". Versus, you see a $200 pair of designer jeans, that you are dying to have. You pick up a few extra shifts at work to be able to afford them. When you finally have them, you are very careful to not get them dirty, and make sure to wear them on nice occasions. You know that they aren't cheap, and you recall that you had to work for them to get them. If you get a girl/guy without any efforts, compromise or work involved, it might be easy from the get go, but eventually it may be easier to let go because you didn't exert a ton of effort into the relationship.

28
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's stupid. The Walmart jeans and the $200 jeans are made by the same guy. He would work on the $200 jeans on Monday and work on the Walmart jeans on Tuesday.

Then a quality control dude would swoop in and check the quality. "This stitch here is not perfect, remove the label and slap in the cheaper one"

Both go to the same warehouse where an old Chinese lady will pick them out, mark them and put into boxes that look the same then put a logo on them. "This one is Prada, that one is Nada, those over there are Panda"

Okay, it's not like that but it's pretty close in the business. Walmart jeans are from Mexico. Other jeans are from China or Vietnam or Bangladesh. You are still a fool paying extra for... I don't know... Why are you paying $200 for the same pair of jeans you can get for $15 anyways?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you spend $200 on a pair of jeans you're only going to wear a few times? That's just wasteful. I would much rather spend the $12.99 if that meant I would get more use out of them. The reason why being high maintenance is a bad thing is because it's hard to let loose and have some fun if you're worried that the makeup you spent 2 hours putting on is going to get smudged.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• The princess complex isn't particularly endearing.

Seems your life centers around designer jeans. LOL

• Are you going to work for those $200 jeans? If not time to be low maintainence

• I am high maintenance. I shower everyday and shave too. So much maintenance.

• I'll pass my way. Try other suckers

• Here we see the great wisdom a gag editor has to offer.

• Lol, if your spending $200 on jeans, you are just a huge sucker

• Yes but high maintenance people tend not to be willing to do the effort their partner puts in. Some the other partner appreciates the high maintenance person because they work hard but the high maintenance person doesn't appreciate them because they see themselves above the other person.

High maintenance people never get with other high maintenance people. They know how awful they themselves are and need someone who will be their door mat.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it is a bad thing being high maintenance.
    No one wants to deal with that.