3Things I Have Learned About Small Town Dating

Three Things I have learned about small town dating

1. The people can be more choosy based on status,name etc....

In the old small town I was from having a certain last name or being from a certain bloodline meant you pretty much had it all. Dating was no exception. If your family owned the bank, ran the major industries in town, was a well known ballplayer in school, your family name was on businesses etc... Then you are likely to have all the friends and companionship you want. If your family was not well known if you didn't play sports,participate in civic/school pride events etc.. It seemed like your choices were few and far between.

2. If you do not want kids, aren't Christian or don't attend services,or have even a slight moderate or liberal mindset,you're gonna have a rough time.

In my small town almost everybody was Republican,Christian,and wanted kids. I don't dislike or hate kids,but I really dont want one. It seems like if anyone was slightly different then they dont want anything to do with them. At one time I tried to fit the mold the so called church going teen. But honestly it got me nowhere. I'm sure it doesn't really work with many others either.

3. It's better to look in surrounding bigger towns for dating options

In bigger towns there is a lot more choice of dining, movie theaters, parks,bookstores, fun centers, coffee shops, concerts etc... Plus the dating pool is way bigger. People aren't as judgmental for having different views, opinions, tastes etc...People also dont gossip around town as much so the

rumors don't run as rampant. In a small town you run the risk of everyone knowing your business.

Have you ever dated in a small town? If so how did it work out?

#Smalltowndating

69
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• 4. You have a higher chance of running into someone you dated every day.

Most Helpful Guy

• welcome to the town , yeah i live in a town not that small but still small, basically dating through highschool is the main thing, after graduation you rarely find pretty, decent single girls they all get engaged at 19-20 to their first boyfriend, plus not many options.

number 2 is cool i am not religious but iam like that so i dont mind it, but yeah the first is knda normal in small towns, if you're from a certain family or bloodline you will have a much easier time dating, mainly aimed at guys who come form rich families cause girls throw themselves at them.

bigger towns have more options but... the quality is not the same, cities have more "liberal" ladies and basically a lot of them aren't into starting families or any of that so with them you only get sex and a job which is not something that you most people are satisfied with nowdays.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• This is all true for me. Good thing I'm planning to move to a bigger city

• There is a much smaller pool of people to pick from, and your "business" is everyone else's. (You can't go anywhere without running into someone). Happy to be leaving this one soon!

• I swear, i live on kauai, hawaii with 65,000 people and other peoples buiness are always out. I see the same people, hardly any new faces, although, tourist are a great catch.

• The big problem is when you break up and have to see the person almost everyday. Awkward.

• Good take

What Guys Said 8

• I won't deny that you've made some good points, but for me, small towns (especially where I live) have enough going for them that I choose to live there. The 'dating' market may not be the best, but I'm done with dating and relationshits anyway, so it's no loss.

And 'christian' girls are some of the biggest sluts out there. The ONLY reason to go to church is to bang the women that go to that church.

• If you date in a small town, later you'll meet all your exes once a week or daily. And your sister's exes too. You might date a girl whose dad dated your mom once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAkkLQr2Kjc

• Networking in a small town is given to you, through your family, the school , the shop (s).
      Networking in a city demands working on it.

• I live in a small-town dating world but it is a city. 90% of the people here know one another though mutual friends, co workers, family members, cousins. So its crazy to date here. Friends, of friends would talk bad about you

• 4) most people are fat

5) most people are on the intellectilual level of a potato (which sort of goes with #2) )

Pack up already for a bigger town.

• Yeah pretty true and I should know I live in a town of 40,000 people which is pretty small especially considering how spread out everyone is. Because this number includes those who live in the country.

• But what about if you find someone awesome... isn't kinda cool in a small town...
    Cool fun little things to do and you're almost sure to have a good relationship as... I mean... who else are you gunna date right lol... the population is small

• lol thats the main issue in small towns, mine isn't super small but yeah not many options theyre all taken and you must snatch them from middle-high school to have any options at all wait till 12th grade and you're fked

• You would think people would be less choosy because there are fewer people to choose from.

• Except women never accept reality, they always hold out for their ideal fantasy. Any guy she's with right now will only last until she thinks she's found a bigger, better deal.

Remember, women rate 80% of men as 'below average'. 80%... below average... let that sink in for a minute.

• @Barrabus_the_Free going by that statistic many would have to settle eventually.

• And they do. But since they think they could have done better, they're never happy, they cheat, and they frivorce rape the guy that was dumb enough to wife them up.

• there's a few you missed