A lot of GaG'ers, especially the gentlemen, ask about dating advice. As a 48 year old man separated from his wife for just over three years with no chance of getting back together, I reflected on some of the dating tips I heard over the years. My favorite one, and I'm a big fan of this, is "The Rule of 3".
The Rule of 3 is pretty simple: everything happens after three. So, here's the basic run down:
I'll use me as an example. There's this very attractive, young redhead who works at the local pharmacy that caught my eye about a month ago. So, putting myself into the role of a third person narrator, here is how I would advise myself.
1. Catch a woman's eye that you like, and do something subtle, yet natural, too draw her attention to you, like smiling and winking at her. Do this three separate times, with no less than three days in between.
2. After completing Step 1 three times, approach and flirt with her. Repeat two more times, again, with no less than three days separation.
3. After completing Step 2 three times, start up a casual conversation with her.
4. After three repetitions of Step 3, ask her number.
5. Wait three days before calling her.
6. After the third phone call, ask her out on a date.
7. After taking her home, wait three seconds to kiss her.
8. No "Base Advancement" until after every third date.
It's time tested and it works. It builds up anticipation, keeps you from appearing desperate or over eager, and forces both parties on getting to know each other on an intellectual, emotional, and, for lack of a better term, spiritual level.