Why You're Blinded by Love!

Why You're Blinded by Love!

After I ended a long term relationship of 6 years, 3 months ago- I have gained some insight, as to why love is blind. Now that I have stepped back and took a look at the full picture, I have come to realize that the red flags were there all along. I hope that my story can help other people who are starting out relationships to watch closely.

Why You're Blinded by Love!

1. Lying

When I had met my ex, I was so in love, and we had such a spark that I forgave many things that were not ok, and certainly foreshadowed the success of this relationship. It started off with a lie about looking at others women on Facebook, to lying about being on a dating website prior to us becoming "official", it then escalated to being untruthful about small and stupid things.

Why You're Blinded by Love!

2. Bare minimum effort

After some time, he started to make up excuses for why he wasn't ever taking me out on dates, or complimenting me, or doing anything that a normal guy would do for a girl in a relationship. I was so in love, and wanted so much to be with him and make him happy, that I accepted all of his excuses without questioning him or my happiness.

Why You're Blinded by Love!

3. Manipulation

The constant tactic of making me feel bad or guilty for bringing up things that frustrated me- made me feel that I was to blame. I would overlook the fact that he was doing whatever he wants, while I was stuck paying the bills, cleaning our home, and looking after HIS dog!

02
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 2

• The more involved you get with someone the more the feelings, the more the feelings the more likely you will oversee things you normally wouldn't like, then comes the idea of "follow your heart"... is that really what a person should be doing? That to me is just saying, be ignorant to what you want and just take what you can get.

• Actually your brain forces you into these delusions. So your personal story won't help anyone because it turns out they're doomed to the same fate.

What Girls Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender