How To Date A Girl If You're Shy

How To Date A Girl If You're Shy

Get out more

How To Date A Girl If You're Shy

Shy people tend to have small circles of friends and don't normally strike up conversations with strangers. Start going out to more places and meeting new people. Just making a few more friends can help get you one step closer to a girlfriend. Try socializing with a few co-workers you don't normally talk to outside of work, go out with some people you know from the gym or ask your current group of friends to invite more people along. Try to have a few girls in the mix. The more girls you interact with on a social level, the more comfortable you'll become around them.

Move slowly.

Don't feel like you have to be the most charming guy in the room right away. Start with a simple smile and hello to a girl you could be interested in. Knowing that you're not planning to strike up a conversation will make you less nervous.

Start small.

When you meet a new girl that you might like to spend more time with, don't feel like you need to ask her out for a date right away. Start with something more friendly that shares something you have in common, such as studying for a class or hanging out in a bookstore or coffee shop. Keeping it casual will alleviate your fear of rejection and help the girl get to know the real you.

Act confident.

How To Date A Girl If You're Shy

Even if you don't have all the confidence in the world, just acting confident can go a long way. Be assertive, but not aggressive and make eye contact to engage her. Be careful not to seem overconfident. Girls are attracted to confident men who also aren't full of themselves.

Ask questions.

How To Date A Girl If You're Shy

If you're genuinely interested in what the girl is saying, she'll pick up on it. Be an active listener. This means following up on what she says, making eye contact and not changing the subject after she speaks. These are all traits of what many women want in a boyfriend

Keep your feelings casual until your interaction turns into a real relationship.

This means not assuming you're going to date or not going to date every woman you meet. Talk to the women you meet as you would a friend, to take the pressure off, and don't think it's the end of the world if it doesn't go anywhere. If you do get rejected, try not to take it personally. Eventually, you will hit it off with someone, and if you be yourself, it may well turn into a meaningful relationship.

813

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Get off the couch and back in the game! Nice Take !

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• Shy people hide their wildness.
    The show off people hide their shyness.
    So it is important to know what type you are seeking. Not that one is better then the other. But both are afraid the other do not like just for what it is and both hide their real caracter and this can not be overcome. Unless one thing. If you like the wild in the shy woman you have to jump on her as a tiger. Your fear is ofcourse , she screams she does not want it. So I say it is about your guts or how shy are you? :D

• Shy guys are adorable! I feel like they maintain more decency.

• Nice tips

• I'm glad I'm single.

• nice mytake

• I jus wish a shy guy would try me

• Nice tips!

What Guys Said 12

• Thanks for Sharing !!!

Subtle Tips for Shy Girls - Being a Good Indian. ↗

@nbbn5 Great Take for you.

• These are great tips if you plan on being constantly friend-zoned.

• I'm shy/awkward with most girls and while this might work for most guys, it probably won't for me, nothing has.

• I could sumarize this article like this: how to date when you're introverted? Be extroverted.
    Do you see the problem and why it's silly at least?

• Right? "In order to be hot, you must be cold"

• @lacorine197 I'd reverse the temperatures, but yeah.
      I don't understand one thing though. Author of this article gave me thumbs up, but I am essentially against the notion expressed in that article.
      And to the girl, who gave me thumbs down: would you elaborate?

• When its all said and done, its easier said then done. Nevertheless, in today's times, its actually harder then hard then how it was yesterday, today, and how it will be tomorrow unfortunately. :-(

• "Be assertive, but not aggressive"

Can you elaborate on this , please?

• Stand up for yourself but don't be a reckless jackass.

• And don't let women walk over you way too much.

• Great advice but for a shy person to act confident can be extremely hard.

• Thank you

• Thanks for this epic tutorial!

• Good pointers.

• I want more money, I don't have a problem with shyness after that