Why I Wouldn't Date a Cheat

A little intro

This is now my fourth MyTake I have started to write and quit half way through as I thought it wasn't good enough, I've decided to see this one through (Else you wouldn't be reading it). I recommend reading this if:

A) You like some one who you know has cheated in the past

B) You are in a relationship where they have cheated and you didn't end it

What is a Cheater?

Obviously a cheater is some one who while in a relationship has gotten with or done some thing with some one else. The basic definition. But a cheater is more than a simple mistake. This is some one who has chosen that the person In their life who they said is their "one" the one the hold commitments to, the one to share life with.

Traits this shows in a person:

Untrustworthy

I feel like this one comes obviously, when you engage in a relationship you have mutual commitment where you trust the other person to stay loyal. Breaking some ones trust does damage to some one, damage that is hard to come over.

Why I Wouldn't Date a Cheat

Cowardness

This person is a coward, if they feel like a little bit of "fun" is worth more than their relationship, its bad relationship that they aren't into. But they are too cowardly to end it, to sort it, to fix it. This also shows traits of some one who can't face up to there responsibilities and if you can't do it in a relationship how can this person lead a good life? Why I Wouldn't Date a Cheat

Lack of Consideration

The emotional damage and torment a cheater the person does upon the other in a relationship when cheating is immense. The pain you put them through is the type of pain a normal temperate person wouldn't put their enemies through. How can you possibly want this person in your life?Why I Wouldn't Date a Cheat

Some extra nuggets

Myself and a Friend have both recently been in really indecent harsh relationships where the other has been manipulative and border line abusive. And while at the pub looking back, we thought about all the opportunities where we were in the worse ditch in the relationship and had opportunities to cheat. My friend was literally in a different country and asked to bed by a girl who was far nicer, looks and personality wise than his current girlfriend. But he didn't act on it why? Because he had commitments.

This and other stories have lead me to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with the other in the relationship it has everything to do with the cheater. If they are the above traits there is nothing you can do to stop them from cheating. Which is why i would refuse to date one.

To take home

AIot of you reading probably think this is all basic knowledge but if you have been cheated on it is not your fault, it has nothing to do with you.. Some people in this world either have a lot of growing up to do or are a douche bag of a person. Stick away from these people... Feeling can get in the way and you make excuses for them, explanations about why they were "drunk" or some what. But there's no excuse, for example when you are drunk you will stick to the same mindset of when your sober if that is that you don't really care then you won't really care when your drunk but feel more free to do what you want

Thanks for reading please do engage and tell me what you like and how i can improve :) Again I am not a writer. Like follow and Subscribe ;)

910

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks that was a good MyTake.
    I feel exactly the same way, I wouldn't date a cheater if I knew beforehand, also if I were in a relationship and cheated on that would be the end. I have been fortunate so far, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been cheated on. To me anyway cheating is the utmost disrespectful thing one person can do to another, I believe anyone can change, I feel strongly tho once a cheater always a cheater, although I'm sure if someone cheated one time it doesn't mean they'll do it again. What I mean is if a person cheats one time and sees the hurt and pain it caused their loved one, it is possible they will never cheat again. This is for me tho, if I were cheated on there is not a chance I'd stay in the relationship, my trust would be gone and I know in my heart I'd never be able to trust that person again, plus I'd never give him a second chance to see if it happens again, he wouldn't deserve a second chance with me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people can change and grow, if a woman is humble enough to admit her mistakes before I start a relationship I won't toast her in the fires of a loveless hell. Honesty is owning up to all your wrong doings.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• nobody cares who wouldn't date, what a self obsessed take. Yes I understand you would be wary of dating a cheater, especially if you have been burned before, but this is extremely judgmental take, painting all cheaters as horrible. you want to date a person who never cheated before? fine, but there is no guarantee they would never cheat. I've never cheated and never want to, but some cheaters get burned from the experience just as much as the person they cheated on, so they learned from it and never want to do that again. now I'd prefer to date that person. you are being smart by choosing your partner wisely, but noone is perfect, I hope you never get cheated on in the future, and you stay faithful to your partner as well.

• honest question

have you ever cheated?

• Karma got me on day one and it is still fucking me, so don't worry. So don't you worry. It allows me to be completely open and speak up my mind.

So, you may not be cheater, I don't give a crap. But trust me, once a cheater - always a cheater.

• @Krumpir Once a cheater - always a cheater. I believe that only applies if they stay with the person that they cheated on, cause they have no respect for them, so they might cheat on them later on. but when you find that right person that you would never hurt in any way, even the biggest cheaters wouldn't do that. it simply depends how much they respect that person

• In general I agree, but I don't think it's universal. If someone I'm dating tells me they cheated in the past, I'd still hear him out. If everything else about his personality was fine, and he explains that he's grown out of it and regrets it and has proof of that (hasn't cheated in years and has had another girlfriend he didn't cheat on since then helps) then I'd probably give him a chance.

• Cheating is an illness, a psycho illness that you can't cure. Around some people this illness can be a bit better and takes longer to show but deep inside its still there. Some cheaters can be cured by walk8ng away and try to take their minds off the lust part ofvit. But some peo0le have no controll over themselves and need this to feel better about themselves

• You're on To Catch a Cheater Bitch. Lol.
    Does anyone know about this?

• If he cheated on her, he’ll cheat on you too.
    That’s very controversial to say but it’s true 99% of the time.
    I’d never date a cheat, my dad cheated on my mum for years which obviously ended in divorce when mum found out. He then moved on to another girlfriend and cheated on her with his next girlfriend. That happened 3 times.
    My uncle cheated on his wife who he’s been married to for 25 years for 3 years.
    I am a huge believer in once a cheat always a cheat and will never be able to fully trust that person without having a nagging thought in the back of my head.
    My friend has been the other woman and we have argued about it while talking about her excuses. No excuses on either side. Cheat or be the one he’s cheating with and you’re a coward.

• Great take. Also cheaters will always cheat again.

• I wasn't able to trust

• Yeah I'd never date a cheater either. No way in hell. Cheaters can date each other.

What Guys Said 9

• Two dealbreakers:
    Lying
    Cheating

And no, cheaters are not always cheaters. There's a reason they cheated in the first place, and the one cheated bears some of the burden. Couples happily in love don't cheat. Period.

• I'd never date a cheat. I'd feel used, exploited, or emasculated. If the man she's cheating on finds out there'll be problems I don't want to deal with.

• I wouldn't date someone that promised to be faithful and wasn't.

• The term "cheat" is erroneous and stupid, and no one should use it, is the real answer here.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater!

• I agree with this myTake

• That’s good

• useless kid!

• I agree, never date them