15 d

My dating advice

So I'm seeing it a lot in real life and even more on here so I just want to clear up a few things with dating so here goes:

My dating advice

1. The time you spend crushing

I've been there spending ages crushing on a guy saying oh I wonder what he thinks this is really common but all you can do is go up to them and ask all you need to say is do you like me because either they say they do and you can possibly start a relationship or they say they don't and you didn't waste any time simple.

2. Compliments

now we all love compliments I get it but there are some things to make your compliments more effective based on the subject and timing.

Things you never want to do when complimenting a crush or partner.

Never ever compare them to your ex even if you say your way better then my ex just don't mention your ex ever don't expect someone to compliment you back if you do and they sense it they won't take the bait and it will annoy them a lot.

What you should do:

Compliment them on things they worked for don't say " oh I love your eyes " he didn't work for his eyes but if you turn up to his football game and say "your so good at football" he'd like it more because its actually personal to him not just his genes.

3. Getting ready for a date

Now I don't know if guys do this but I know I have and my sisters have so when I was getting ready for a date I did the whole I need the perfect outfit I need my makeup to be perfect I need my hair done right I need my nails to be done etc but I dont think many guys really notice exactly what you're wearing my opinion correct me if I'm wrong but they just see a mass of colors not specific items do put in effort they notice that you put effort in but stop noticing later all you need to do is put a little more effort then usual not stress yourself out to be perfect if he is the one he will love you not the jacket you're wearing there are obvious exception but generally this is true.

4. Gifts

now if you can't afford a gift just say your sorry and you can't its not a problem and your only apologising out of politeness but if you want to get a gift put a little thought in but if your not serious don't go too overboard its the same as getting gifts for their parents if you want to get a girl makeup find out what she uses and change it up. A little ask her friends maybe of she wanted to try a new look but when o say don't go overboard if you hear your boyfriend likes baseball and your not super serious don't get him a a ball signed by 300 professional players it might come off as creepy.

5. Don't be the desperate one

I wrote a myTake about how you need to change your mindset but don't be that girl that tries to agree with everything he says just don't be too aggressive and be yourself don't say I love everything you love say is he worth my time.

6. Be original

if you tell a girl she is beautiful if she really is beautiful she's heard it a hindered times today and you don't stand out at all if you say something a bit deeper that she doesn't hear all the time make it specific and show you care i.e your beautiful vs your really good at algebra.

In the same way if you go on about how nice his body is too much he will lose interest eventually because you like his abs not him or at least it will look that way.

7. Don't be afraid to tease them a bit

It makes some people laugh and if your partner playfully makes fun of you you can laugh about it together I've heard a few people saying they didn't want to overstep or actually be rude just try to keep your cool and say what comes into your head but never tease your partner over an actual problem i.e my ex teased me for wearing crocs and its not a real issue so that is a good thing to pick but if she really is having a hard time don't make fun of her for it be supportive.

8. Don't worry

Hey your crushing or your dating someone and your Worried you aren't being nice enough well you are who you are is the person they love and if that isn't true they don't really love "you" they love your coat or your makeup or your body.

I hope you and your current or future partner have a great life.

My dating advice
8
2

Most Helpful Guy

• YHL6965

Very nice and wise take. About #3, I would probably not notice the amount of work indeed but, most importantly, it's not representative. Sure, I could go on a date with a suit and tie, but it does not represent who I am. What's the point of going on a date if you are not yourself? Again, good advice overall!

Most Helpful Girl

• Aphrodite801

Number 3 is what I’ll use now thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

17
  • Browneye57

Well, the way I see it, is that you have thought of absolutely zero about what YOU bring to a relationship that has high value. You mentioned not one thing you would do for your man. A gift? That's it? This is simply narcissistic and solipsistic advice. Your center of cognizance is about a foot around your own bellybutton!

• Lemia

Its kinda in my nature to buy my girlfriend a lot of gifts and I would feel gulity if she had to paid for everything

• Dav1ss

Dont make her pay for everything but dont buy her tons of meaningless gifts because its a waste

• Dav1ss

I beat her lol I think so

• Lemia

Good to know. Might take her bowling when She comes her for comic con

• Jjpayne

That was a fun mytake!! You got to write some more now that you have the time!

• Aiko_E_Lara

For me i actually think all of those are common sense no offense. I'm still single by the way

• Dav1ss

I do too but. See so many people asking this stuff

• Smegskull

4. NOOO... There is nothing more patronising than having a date buy me a gift.

• Dav1ss

What?

• Dav1ss

So you feel bad not returning gifts? Can people not give you things without you feeling bad?

• Smegskull

Bad is the wrong word. It isn't guilt over having received something and not giving something. It's anger over being placed in debt against my will.

• Poormanscomedian

You know dating today is too much work.

• Dav1ss

Yep I know I'm trying to make it a tad bit easier but it really is

• FatherJack

Which is why I don't , plus am a FT working single dad , far too many other priorities and do not want more work.

• Secretgardenblood

Good mytake

• NovissimumVirorum

My advice is to wage war not make love