myReview 1 mo

Putting dating and relationships on pause until I have more to offer.

Anonymous

I’m twenty three years old and I haven’t been a real relationship in about two years. I have just been focusing on myself.

I feel I don’t have much to offer a guy right now. I work a $15 a hour paying job. I don’t have a car. I don’t even know how to drive but considering I live in a big city, Chicago, I Lyft and Uber everywhere. I also still live with my parents.

I don’t have kids, nor do I think I’m ready for any. I can’t cook anything besides basic and common meals. I’m not the one who can put together a big fancy meal. Guys have flirted and attempted relationships with me but I always tell them that I don’t think I’m in the position to be dating right now.

Would you guys agree?

1
1

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

11
  • CurlyGirl42
    Based on the information you give us, I will not judge you to be in a state that is not good for dating.
    To me it has little to do with the practical state but more on the emotional. Like someone who just broke up and is still attached/not over the ex can be better off dealing with that first.
    Of course the practical and emotional can affect each other and be connected. Like an unemployed might have a mild depression and stress dealing with that. Maybe living with your parents and not having a car make you feel less mature. Maybe moving out is an option, but one can also work on one's own state of mind concerning it.
  • alance99
    For me you are 100% dateable and i dont care about your salary, car or cooking skills as there is a lot more in a person than the things you mentioned 🙂🙂