I just found out my boyfriend is filthy rich, while I'm average, is it normal to feel so little now?

Weve been dating for 7 months, and finally agree to visit him and discover he's seriously loaded, lives in a huge mansion, his family is overloaded too and I feel so unworthy and small in comparison. What should I do? Im just a self employed artist with a very poor family. I grew up extremely poor, and I don't know, it's just very intimidating, how can I go about it? I'm just worried for some reason. I just wish he was an average wage worker like me. I was a top school student though, his grades tbh, are definitely not intimidating, but i just suddenly feel like we are worlds apatt, Gagers, any advice?
I just feel like people will discriminate against me, against us, just like in the Hollywood movies, it's silly I know
It doesn't change our relationship at all, but I'm still anxious, I think about what the public will think, his parents HATE me, because I'm a realism artist/painter, but I think he'll have a really promising future, I feel now like people will me a gold digger, etc. I'm scared his family will look down on my family, his family are not just rich, they're very judgmental. I know he doesn't look down on me :) but I think everyone WILL

928

Most Helpful Guy

• He chose to be with you didn't he? You didn't know he was rich, but he knew. I'm sure he knew you weren't rich also. He still CHOSE to be with you. Don't forget that.

Is it really the money you are concerned about? Or is it about different social standing and feeling you don't know how to act in a different social strata? Are you afraid of a faux pas? Are you afraid that you might do something "lower class" and embarrass yourself?

Just be yourself. Remember that you were with him for seven months and you didn't know he was rich. Doesn't that mean he didn't fit some stereotype that you had about rich people? Obviously he's not like the stereotype you imagined. Not all rich people are snobby elites who look down their noses on anyone who is not rich.

He CHOSE you and wants to be with you. He might have intentionally hid his wealth to find out if you were after him or his money. If he did that, it seems you passed the test. He wanted to be with you, and you wanted to be with him, not his money. Isn't that enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why does any of that matter? Why not go like you were before you found out?