Guy online being too pushy?

Anonymous
I am using Match. com. As with online dating, you get a variety of messages. I have only started communicating with this one guy this week. He said he liked my profile and wanted to get to know me more. I sent him a message back saying "Hello" and "Thank You"'. I just asked him how he was doing. He told me that he had been single for a year and he was new to the site.

I didn't respond for a day or two, then I get a message saying, "It's okay if you don't want to talk!" I sent a message back saying I didn't get a chance to log on.

He sent me a message last night saying that he thinks communication on the site is too slow and he would like to have my full attention. He states that he wants to have my phone number so we can text and talk on the phone.

I'm was annoyed by some the messages as I felt he was getting too pushy. I figure I don't owe him an explanation. I'm picking up controlling vibes. If you don't respond within a certain amount of time, it's seems like insecuritu sets in. I have a job and have other responsibilities so I am not online all of the time.

What are your thoughts on how to handle this?
Guy online being too pushy?
16
4