Gave a girl my number, she hasn't contacted me?

I have a crush on a beautiful deaf girl in my university math class, so I wrote her a note explaining that I would love to get to know her (and invited her for a drink) and that I'm trying to learn sign language. I also left my number in it. I gathered my courage and walked up to her and handed her the note. She seemed flattered/pleased while interacting with her.

Should I be worried that she hasn't texted me for over 24 hours after handing her the note?

I don't get hurt easily. My brain is starting to go into "moving on" mode. I'm just curious if any other girl who was interested would've contacted a guy after getting their number.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• "She seemed flattered/pleased while interacting with her. " I know from my personal experience, I do this because I often sense that this person is simply crushing by appearance, and my intentions are not to go on dates. Just because you gave her your number, doesn't mean she wants to go on a deal. She will more and likely use your number if it's school related or she will more and likely ignore you. I say that she needs to be straight honest with you if she knew this and just reject the offer. Also, you said that she is deaf right? That means she has a lot more priorities and responsibilities for the sake of her health and is not going to be concerned about dates. She's either busy with school work or is purposely avoiding you.

• Update: I don't agree with the whole sharing your number thing. I believe people just needs to learn to be friends first instead of using it as a means to pick up total strangers. She probably already knew and sensed that your one of the guys who is only crushing because of looks alone and wouldn't be happy with her anyway. She's scared more and likely okay? And no. Not everybody is going to contact you immediately just because they like you. People have things to do and have lives outside of texting or calling potential dates over the phone. Please be patient with her. She is a disabled person, and I don't think you're being fair towards her. Because giving up so quickly lets her know you lack patience, and patience is key to any relationship. If you lack that kind of tolerance then you shouldn't try to date her. It wouldn't work.

• Fair enough. Maybe I did think with my heart instead of my brain. I did it, oh well, I can't change that and it's okay. Whatever happens, happens. Thanks you guys!

• cool if she does call make a real effect to learn sign language. my ex cheated on me with another deaf person while i was trying to learn for her. till then we used our phones to talk& passing notes which was fun or by touching. dating a deaf girl is a lot lot lot lot of work so be ready for that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be worried but if you must go up to her with another note or something asking if she can text you later or something

What Girls Said 3

• She may be Playing Hard to Get and to Forget me Not.
    However, if she has not Responded to Anything 'After handing her the note,' Consider it a Loss, and Make your Brain Begin Going... 'Into "Moving on" Mode' Here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• just give her a couple of days.

• do you have her number?

What Guys Said 2

• let it go i dated a deaf girl before and it just 2 diffent world's you live in... plus she cheated on me.

• you can do foreplay her, because she's Deaf flattered at you.

why all Hearing girls are not feel flattered at Deaf guy anymore (much Hearing girls are uncomfortable and stare problems)

please go forward hug to her Deaf.