When a Boyfriend says goodnight and then stays online on WhatsApp for hours after that, does it mean he is cheating?

I am in a long distance relationship. Our time difference is like 13 hours. So when I am at work at 1pm, it is 12am for him, and he is just about to sleep. We wish each other goodnight every day.

In the last couple of days, I have noticed, he wishes me good night earlier, around 10:30pm his time, but I notice him going online and offline on WhatsApp. And finally only sleeps around 2am. So very likely he is chatting with someone else on WhatsApp after he claims to be going to sleep.

A few other important points - he doesn't usually use WhatsApp cos he SMSs his other friends. As far as I know, I am the only person he WhatsApps. I know this, cos normally he only looks at his whatsapp when I text him, and to reply to me. So this is really a distinctive change in his behaviour.

Am I being paranoid, or has he started talking to another girl? He might not have physically cheated or gone on a date yet, but I can't shake this gutt feeling he has met someone else.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It might not be that he's met someone else. It could simply be that you're mistaken and he uses What'sapp for other conversations as well as yours, and that for whatever reason those re important conversations - for example I have said good night to my closest friend before because another friend needed my undivided attention to help her overcome a panic attack. So you could be seeing your boyfriend simply caring for other people.

Or yes, he could be cheating emotionally. That's not great, but in a long distance relationship like yours is, it's a probability you need to factor in. Ask him about it in a quiet, non hysterical way.

It might even be a glitch on your device!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. With whatsapp you can talk to other people and have other conversations. It could be that he was talking to a friend or family member after you.

• I am pretty sure he doesn't use it to talk to anyone else except me. All his family and friends are in the US, so SMSs them. He only whatsapp's me cos i am out of the country.

• I know that if I bring it up, it would annoy him. He would think I am overthinking things, and be upset that I don't trust him. I am going to just let it be for now. See if it continues this way.

Thanks a lot though. You really helped. :)

• Thanks for MHO 😊

What Guys Said 1

• You're an insecure faggot.

What Girls Said 1

• In all honesty I would be worried if it were me, but I'd play it cool for a while and see if it carries on or not, if it does I'd mention that I've noticed it and carefully ask about it