Would you date a feminist?

Simple question. I'm not talking about radical men-hating feminists (who, let's be honest tend to be lesbian). I'm talking about sane feminists who take different stances on certain issues i. e. the wage gap. Maybe nitpick here and there but are all around good people with good intentions.

If you had asked me this a couple of months ago I would have said no. But I've met quite a few feminists who are not bad at all. They have nothing against men and don't agree with radical feminism.

I ask this because an article came out "why I would not date a feminist." Is that a deal breaker for you, her being a feminist? Do you WANT her to be a feminist? Do you decide on a case by case basis?
I believe in equal rights for men and women. I am not a feminist though.
FYI I did not put the picture. I don't even think it fits. Just throwing that out there

49135

Most Helpful Girl

• Feminism is literally the belief in equal rights between men and women. If you don't agree with that, then I wouldn't even come near you.

Yes, there are radical feminists. There are many types of feminism: liberal, radical, Marxist, etc.

Yes, there have been different waves of feminism. Being in the third wave, an abundance of feminists come off as radical.

But if you find a girl who advocates for the equality between men and women (liberal) then she shouldn't be one of those radical man-hating ones.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If he doesn't call himself a feminist but believes in equal rights?

I wouldn't imagine most women would date a man who doesn't believe in equal gender rights.

• "Feminism is literally the belief in equal rights between men and women. If you don't agree with that, then I wouldn't even come near you. "
      sounds pretty radical for someone describing herself as a mild kind of feminist...

• also its way too risky ; just cause you say you advocate for equality i have to take your word at face value? dont all feminists says this exact same thing? yet look at their actions wich completely contradict this... sorry but as far as im concern , for my own safety , i will avoid any woman who identifies as a feminist... you may not be a radical fem but its not worth the trouble finding that out ;

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol if I wanted date someone who's gonna kill me in my sleep, I could do much better than a feminist xD

There's veeeeery little sane feminists out there, the only one is Christina Hoff Sommers, I've never met a sane feminist, either online or in real life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Can you give me an example of something "insane" a feminist has done. And also whether or not they were a radical feminist

• I thought your life experience was face to face conversations/dates with feminists. I misunderstood. Had I known your life experience was based on audio clips, I would not have asked.

• And again you're assuming lol this dude hahaha pathetic.