Is lying about age a deal breaker?

Lets say you have feelings for them

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• Lying... PERIOD... is a deal breaker. If you did it once... you can do it again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Should be lol Who lies about that anyways?
    1. If you look your age or older, well you can say you're younger and then people won't believe you, or if they do, will think you age horribly.
    2. If you look younger than your age, doesn't that make it better that you're older than you are? Then it means you have good genes.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes it's a deal breaker, especially if they are lying about something as trivial as age. Unless they are underage and pretending to be older age to me is mostly a non issue.

• It depends on why they lied, what they lied about and how long I knew them at the time it happened

• They lied because of trust issues

• Well If I only just knew her for a short time, it wouldn't bother me much.

If we had been dating for a few months, I would get annoyed but try to fix it. Not that it couldn't be a contributing factor to me wanting to break up.

I don't end relationships over one thing. That's stupid. Especially since it might be fixed.

• It's not so much about the age, as much as it is about the fact that you lied. If you lied about your age (which is very serious by the way, for someone who's under 18 or even 21), what else might you lie about?

• If that's the only thing they lied about

• Define cautiously?

• adverb: in a way that deliberately avoids potential problems or dangers.

• can be dependent on circumstances

• Lying is always a dealbreaker, in my opinion.

• depends, did she lie about being of age or about her age if she was 30 and said 25? the first would be a deal breaker for me but the second would not

• Yes, it shows you can't trust them

• Yeah. Why lie

• lying about age is not a deal breaker, the act of lying itself is...

• totally, yes

• I look half my age but I am always honest about it, just in case some of the 20 somethings that are always hitting on me have a problem with it.

• Depends how they lied... To your face or just a profile?

What Girls Said 10

• It depends. Everyone lies about something. No one is whiter than white lol

If he lied because he was a little younger or older than me and feared I'd be disinterested if he told me his real age I'd probably overlook it, only if I'd developed feelings for him

• If it was because of trust issues?

• Would you act cold towards him after he confessed the whole truth?

• Not if I had decided I'd overlook it. You can't forgive someone , accept them into your life then be cold and distant towards them.. it would show you didn't trust them still. If I felt I couldn't trust him. , I'd end it

• Lying about something as simple as age (which is stupid) is a sign that I want nothing to do with them.

• I prefer me between 28-35. There have been times when younger guys will say they are older just to try to date or talk to me. But I usually end up finding out, it doesn't take me long at all.

• I would think it would be a silly thing to lie about in the first place!

• Lying is lying.

• Yes.

• yes lie is always deal breaker

• Yea. Lying about anything at all.

• Oh yes!!! that is HUGE deal breaker for most people

• Yess