People say im pretty but no guys approach me?

People say im pretty.. I get my hair done, put on a bit of makeup. Nothing dramatic. And tbh, i think i look nice. I dress alright and people compliment me on my hair and everything. But no guy ever talks to me.. There was this one guy who would look at me a lot act all weird around me and told my friend that i was pretty when she asked why he looked at me & his friend told me that he might've liked me and told him i was cute but he never really approached me either. Only once and it it was in a awkward way. But yeah, no guys really talk to me.. Im not slim but not too fat but been told that i was "thick" i have a Somewhat nice shape.. Im kind of shy, im chill and cool and talk to a few people.. What can i do to be approachable? I want a boyfriend.. I talk to a guy on my Facebook but i dont think we'll ever be together.

(Im 17)

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate the word "shy" as if it's not controllable or a disease. I find shy people simply "boring" and I think most people see it the same way but don't have the balls to say it... so I will do it... I am not shy! LOL When someone saids they are shy... a lot of people think to themselves (and obviously don't share it with you the shy person) .. Oh they must be boring and don't lead an exciting life so why bother. So my advice.. stop being shy... You really don't have to be... That's my prescription.

Most Helpful Girl

• They only think you can do to be approachable is BEING YOU.
    There is no magic that can change the way people think of you or clothes that you should wear to get their attention or make them be your boyfriend.
    I think you should worry less about what people (GUYS) think because looks are not everything.

If you do meet a person what type of conversations do you have to entertain? What have you been experiencing that is so in-vulgar and interesting? What do you have to offer that only YOU can offer?
    Is your plan being like everyone else? Dressing like everyone else and action like everyone else? That's nothing new anyone can copy.
    You need to Be authentic.
    I cannot tell you how to act or how to behave in order for you to find LOVE.
    All I can tell you is: LET LOVE FIND YOU.
    Be confident in your skin and body, whatever you do, Do it for yourself and eventually someone will fall for you.
    Improvements: Find out what you think you might be doing wrong or that is less approachable that you can correct. Try with the dating apps just to practice dating, just like a test that would be fun!
    Good Luck,
    In this opinion I have no intentions of being rude in anyway. I was also never the type of girl that had guys running behind me and I know how it feels and the improvements I've made were worth it (still improving lol) , I am married and happy and it feels awesome having a boyfriend (finally) :D I though I would die alone at some point LOL

What Guys Said 21

• Maybe there are a million women like you out there nowadays who all like taking selfies, love ugg boots, use makeup and like Starbucks. What special qualities asides your prettiness (millions of girls are pretty) do you have to attract a genuine guy and keep him wanting more?

• What do you do to meet people? If you work in a nail salon and live with your parents and never go out, you're not likely to meet many people.

• 2 things attract people

1. Appearance
    2. Personality

So if you have one means you don't have the other and vice versa

• Unless you are downright unattractive, really unattractive I don't see any reason why a man would not strike a conversation with you will unless your body language says something different than what you have said about yourself. Maybe I'm unique but I don't believe so, I love all body types and hair and makeup are not as important to men as much as it is to women. I like athletic slim women, I like thick curvy women, I like everything in between. Attitude is everything. As a young man I was shy and ingnorant to subtle queues that women would present to me. I wish I knew then what I know now. Take charge and talk to them. I believe men have to work at meeting women, women just decide when to meet a guy.

• A good way to meet people is to go to some sort of social activity, like some kind of activity. Or even at work. If you're shy, it often helps to initiate conversation when you have a reason to talk to guy that you like, other than just for the sake of talking to him because you like him.

• I've had the same experience, it just takes a bit of confidence. I've never had a girlfriend but I get told on average once every two weeks by girls that my eyes are beautiful Try not to let it get to you, guys just don't know what they're missing out on. Either way girl, you're a very valuable human being no matter what kind of person you are, so go kick some butt (;

• Just be your self and fallow your guts, end of the story. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Why is this a question? You want a boyfriend? Ask someone out. You can't expect life to just hand you things. You're an adult, if you want something you need to work for it.

• by the way, if you were interested in the guy who was telling everyone that you're so pretty, then you dropped the ball. You should have asked him out. You'd have a boyfriend right now instead of complaining to strangers on the internet.

• People are freaking complicated as fuck. If you write that explains why humans do and don't do the things they are supposed to and not supposed to do then you would make a million dollars.

• You could try making the first move.

• You could try approaching instead.

• Times have changed. Feminism has put a lot of men approaching women. You have a lot to thank them for.

• 😐😐😐

• no. this is feminisms gift to the world. Seeking attention by acting vulnerable and attacking men. Everything we do is considered offensive, perverted, creepy and many more bullshit. Thats why most men dont approach a girl they like so they dont be viewed as creepy or something

• I feel like this is unreal. I mean it is said all over media but if you don't believe in that you won't notice it. it's the same with donald trump shame, he didn't explode the world

• well, there could be a number of reasons for this but i think the most possible two are:
    1. guys are too nervous to approach you and/or are intimidated by you assuming you are as pretty as you say you are. you may also give off a scary or weird vibe such as your fashion, personality, etc..

or

2. you aren't as pretty as you say you are (not to sound like a dick i'm just saying), and guys maybe aren't attracted to you. this may or may not be the case i'm just listing possibilities.

• Maybe they're lying and you're actually ugly

• Are you a bitch or do you have resting bitch face? that might be scaring suitors away

• Lol people have said that i have a resting bitch face.. But when they get to know me im sweet and cool.

• I guess i look mean. I don't know how i can change it

• You can start by smiling. There isn't much that is more beautiful than a girl who smiles. Secondly, are you unhappy?

• A pic would be nice

• just DO IT!

• Do exactly what?

• I have that too but since I'm a guy I gotta get my balls up and I tend to fall on my shy awkward side sometimes. what you can do is start the conversation yourself. as a girl you're even more experienced as I am with facial expressions if the guy smiles, looks at you often but doesn't approach you're definitely not gonna get a negative response. guys tend to be more genuine and would less likely flirt out of fun and since the guys who don't approach you are on the shy side you'll get a safe bet cause of shy guys treats

• Keep in mind that society pampers women. So what I'm saying is that there is a chance that they're just telling you what you wanna hear

• And the guy who said i was pretty? My friend just asked why he looks at me a lot and he said bc i was pretty.

His friend, also told me that he thinks that he liked me when i told him that he would act weird around me.. I asked him why he thought that and he said because he told him i was pretty cute?

• Im asking you if mean that Thats telling me what i wanna hear? She only asked because i told her he would always look a lot. And i only told his friend that because he would actually ask a little weird around me.

• If 2 people are saying it, maybe they mean it genuinely.

• Move to a big city. I bet you are in a small town

• Greenbay

• And where's that? Im not rushing but, I see everyone around me in relationships and i can't help but want to be in one myself.

• The greater Toronto area or GtA has over 10million people check it out. Honestly the saying relationships come and go is so true. There are so many fake people in the world. People change their minds like so quick. Women let there friends basically dictate their relationship.

Only bit of advice is when u do start to get to know someone take it slow as fuck because life comes at you fast. And you don't want to be overwhelmed with different emotions all at once. Speed isn't everything. Time will tell how interested and patient a person is with you. It's the perfect test, don't play games with guys because you don't want to end up losing a game and getting hurt by it. Stay true to yourself and true love will fall onto your lap.

• Maybe he don't have a clue whether you like him or not.. He just want to stay on the safe side.. Is he very socially active?

• Post a picture to get the truth. When it comes to girls, most people just tell them what they want to hear.

What Girls Said 6

• It's either that you're drop dead gorgeous and must intimidate guys hella a lot or that you're actually just average and don't really have a charm factor. Also, it depends on who says that you're pretty. Girls can be very nice to each other when it comes to looks because we are the type to say, "looks don't matter, personality does" when it comes to significant others meaning we're less blunt than dudes.
    For becoming approachable, I suggest breaking that barrier of being shy and let yourself out there. Take a stroll down possible suitors street with a wow factor of yourself.

• you act unapproachable. throw some sexy body language , appearance, manners and attitude to him and they will come running

• Things are different now. As a girl you can no longer just sit pretty and rely on a guy falling in love at first sight and pursuing you until the ends of the earth. Actually that really never happens apart from in Disney movies.

Smile at them. Have good eye contact (it's somewhat scary but try it) and if you think he's really cute ask for his number or just give him your number.

You need to be sure of yourself and your taste in men.

• Maybe your looks intimidate them? But seriously don't stress about that there's still plenty of time to worry about that and nows not the time

• Maybe the guys think you are already taken

• Maybe you intimidate them. Or maybe they're just afraid of rejection.