Girls, do you agree with Amy Schumer that Asian guys are the last choice, and/or that Asian guys are last if your friends/family picked a guy for you?

I know, I know, Amy Schumer is a comedian and it was on Howard Stern's show (both known for saying trashy things for comedy's sake, lol), but what she says around the 0:40 mark here is pretty much what I've often heard from many people in real life and online too:

My dad also related a similar story about a conversation among coworkers, where a white girl was talking about dating, and she also said that her parents would probably just be a little upset if she brought home a black guy... but that they might DISOWN her if she brought home an Asian guy. :o

And almost all non-Asian girls I've known in the US and Australia (who have liked, dated, or married an Asian guy) have said that people questioned them about what they see in Asian guys, and why they would even be with one. Some of the girls even got made fun of for being with an Asian, and sometimes even their own FRIENDS thought they were weird for being with an Asian. :o Granted, this is just from my experience in the US and Australia.

So for the white/black/Latina/etc. girls out there who are not Asian, are Asian guys really your last choice? And are they really so unsexy and unattractive that (like Amy Schumer claims) it would be confusing for people to even consider the idea of having sex with an Asian guy? D=

Oh since this is an international site, I should probably clarify that by "Asian" in the US, they are usually referring to East/Southeast Asians, like these guys:

walkingdeadbr.com/.../...en-Yeun-glenn-atlanta.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zaqDRhf.png
English.cri.cn/.../...796045a5ba5dcff4ac7dfc8a.jpg

67

Most Helpful Girl

• I date and make passionate love to an Asian guy.

#yellowfever #dontbeoffendeditsahalfjoke

• Hahaha, this is great. xD I think I recall a past post where some troll was saying that it was a SIN for you to be doing that with an Asian, and you responded by saying that you would continue having "hot sinful sex" with Asian guys, or something. xD That cracked me up; you are awesome!

Oh just for future reference --- as I mentioned in my update with the Asian guy photos --- do Canadians also usually refer to "Asian" as those of East/Southeast Asian descent, like it is in the US? :)

^ I just wanted to be clear about what I was talking about, because Indians/Persians/Arabs/etc. face their own kinds of issues due to their different appearance (especially in this current political climate around the world).

• No problem! You are funny and you've also said nice things about Asian guys before on here I think, so thank you. :)

• Not a problem my friend - I know you're anon but feel free to follow and I'll follow back if you'd like.

What Girls Said 66

• I think the girl who said she'd get disowned for being with an Asian... that is a first, never heard that.

I mean, all of those guys you posted pics of are good-looking. I'm mixed black/white, and Asians are not my last choice at all. I really would prefer an Asian guy over white, black or Hispanic. I know people differ and not all Asians are the same, but, for me, there are more Asian men with the kind of qualities I like and respect, i. e. intelligence, educated and education is important to them, more low-key or down to earth, family-oriented, willing to work for what they get/want instead of acting entitled or being handed stuff. Bonuses are they tend to target certain types of fields and end up with good jobs because of it, but that's not required.

I know 100% for certain I would be questioned if I dated/married an Asian guy or that others would think it's weird. Like, that's no question at all. That's not an issue for me, I don't care... the only reasons I don't date them are I assume they don't like black women and they don't approach.

I am not like a typical woman, so I've spent my adult years learning a lot about women... and one of the surprising things I've realized about the average woman is they seem to be more into sex and d! ck than I thought. And maybe that has changed over time. I seriously think that's the one of maybe three things black men have over Asian men when it comes to women and why more and more people don't get confused about, say, a white woman liking black men vs a white woman liking Asian men. Those stereotypes about d! ck size and who is good in bed are STRONG, and I think particularly white women place a big premium on that. I know Asian men are also stereotyped as geeky/nerdy and socially awkward, but there are so many Asian guys who are not like that... I seriously think people being weird about liking Asian men is mainly about 1) sexual stereotypes and 2) their eyes and 3) their smaller body frames. Black men are more so what women like in those three areas, plus there are a lot of black male athletes and entertainers who have money. If not for those things, it'd still be the case that only black women liked black men.

These are not things that matter to me, personally.

And with black women, like I said, I just think most of us either assume Asian men don't like us or we're rarely around them and, thus, don't really think about them. Asians in the US tend to be in white environments, blacks in black environments.

• Wow this was a really thoughtful and thorough post; thank you so much! :D

And you are awesome for not being scared off because of what other people say about who you date/marry. :) And I can't speak for all Asian guys, but for what it's worth as one Asian guy, I think black girls are just as pretty as any other race, and some of the most ridiculously-attractive girls I've ever met in person have been black. xD

It can really suck sometimes about those Asian stereotypes, though. :( It's one thing for some racist guys to say those things (because at least it's "understandable" for them to do it, from a "slandering the competition" viewpoint). But some girls will also try to discourage their girl friends who liking Asian men. :o My brother told me about such a case when his Latina coworker was interested in Asians, but her girl friend brought up the size myth to try to discourage her. =/

Oh well. Hopefully there will be more women like you. ^_^

• What? Asian guys are my second choice , I dont consider them to be unattractive at all. besides there's not just one "type" of Asian. You can be Pakistani and be considered Asian and you can be Chinese and still considered Asian. I haven't heard of a family disowning someone for bringing home an Asian man, I know my family wouldn't mind at all. I'm Hispanic if that makes any difference , I dont know every other families take on this , but none that I've met would be mad if their daughter brought home an Asian man

• No! White racists are my last choice. I really dislike her over these comments! Really offensive! And she should know better!

• Haha this is a really passionate answer. =D And thank you for being so understanding!

Do you see attractive Asian guys over in Australia? ^_^

• Actually we do!

• That's so cool! :D I'm glad you're one of the lovely ones who does like us! xD As I said in my question text, I do personally know some Australian girls who are into Asian guys (and one couple is even happily married, in fact), but because all those girls faced judgment for their tastes, I wasn't sure how difficult it would be for an Asian guy to find such a girl there. xD

• I don't have a race order when it comes to dating. I have dated a black man, Arabic and an Asian. As for my friends or family telling me I couldn't date them or making fun of me I would tell them to shut up. It's my life and I will date whom I choose. Race doesn't make them any less of a person.

• You have an awesome attitude!

• I don't agree in the slightest. When I was like three, I watched Mulan for the first time and I loved Shang, according to my mom, he was my first crush and I guess that impacted me a lot more than I thought. I think Asian guys are super cute, I wouldn't think twice about dating one and I don't think my mom would mind either, lol.

• Haha your "Mulan" story is cute. XD Incidentally, the 2nd Asian guy in the photos above actually dressed up as Shang for one of those comic/pop-culture conventions:

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-b4f1-845e8c1bfb54.jpg

• That's awesome, I hope that they do make a live-action thing, it'd be so cool. Like you said, I just hope that they do a good job casting because that's kinda important

• True; there are some BIG question marks and doubts about that Mulan project right now; it has the potential to be great, but can also easily be a disaster in many different ways if Disney isn't careful, lol. D=

Oh by the way, what race/ethnicity are you and your mom, if you don't mind me asking? xD

• Okay...
    It really depends on the individual and how girls think and put them in order.

I am multiracial. I am mix Asian but I want to answer this so badly. My top one is Black guys. I love dark skinned men. I find most Black men (African, Black American, Jamaican, etc.) so handsome. I am attracted to them more than I am attracted to a dark skin Asian dude or Islander or Latino.

But for me...
    1. Black men
    2. Islanders
    3. Russian
    4. Dark-skinned Asian guys and depends on how they look if they attract me or not. But I really don't mind as long as the guy is nice.
    5. Everyone else. Lol

• That's interesting. Why do you prefer Russians over other whites, if you don't mind me asking? xD

• oh lord no Asian guys are really hot i like feminine guys who are tall and skinny and well thats a lot of Asian guys so they definitely would be first pick if i wasn't too intimidated by their attractiveness. i get incredibly shy and can never approach lol. a lot of my friends also find Asians really hot.

• lol wut? Asian guys being a girls last choice?
    EXCELLENT. More for me.

Asian guys are by far my favourite. Hell, it's not a giant coincidence that my boyfriend of three+ years is Asian. 👌 🇨🇳

• I'm glad you and your guy are 3-year strong! =D

• I honestly dont mind who it is and where she or he is from and I actually like Asians and it has nothing in first choice last choice its just the guy I land on

• Aw you have a nice outlook on things! And I agree! I'm the same way when it comes to the race of a girl. :)

• If i were a guy Amy Schumer would be my last choice.
    There are some really hot Asian guys out there. :)

• Hahahaha your first sentence. :D

And thank you; your answer is really encouraging. ^_^

• Really? Am I the only girl who is particularly attracted to Asian guys?

• Haha you're definitely not the only one! :D Like I said, I know multiple non-Asian girls who are into Asian guys or dating/married to them. But, almost ALL of those girls say they've been questioned or ridiculed by others -- as if their taste in guys was defective -- which was shocking and sad to me. D=

Like @SmartButBroke said here, a lot of it might have to do with the racist myths about Asian guys' bodies. People just believe them blindly. But those myths aren't even true on average. :( It's just that Asians don't have enough influence in Western media to counter those depictions much, so the myths prevail.

• Asian guys are the best.

• I dated a guy from the philippines! He wasn't the hottest thing around but he was nice... until i broke up him... he stalked me

• Aw I'm sorry about that bad experience. :(

• You're getting corrected on your use of words , don't get offended. And what? I've been mistreated by a good amount of white men through out my life and have no I'll feelings towards all white guys. That excuse isn't working. You're own fiance is part Hispanic , work on your issues towards that race or dont date men who are part Latino if you claim to not like Hispanics. That's it.

• You aren't just "correcting" me though... you are hostile about it and good for you for getting over it, it takes time for others to get over it... i never said i hated them i was just affraid... two completely different words! Now if they are nice to me im nice to them... end of story... im a nice person and thats fine if you can't see it... i never said i treated hispanics any differently than being afraid of them... so i never used it as an excuse...

• Lol Asian guys are hot af like seriously especially that one in the third picture, id totally date one if i actually got dates, i work in weddings aswell and i see heaps on australian/asian weddings, its pretty common!

• Hahaha I'm glad you enjoyed that third picture. xD

But aw, why don't you get dates? =(

And it's encouraging that you manage to find hot Asian guys common. :P

• I think Amy Schumer is a dumb bitch so her opinion doesn't really matter to me. That said, we don't have a lot of Asians locally (the ones we have are adopted so they just look Asian) or tourists, but I've randomly seen a few that I thought were cute.

• Ah cool, well it's understandable that there are not too many local Asians where you are. :) Even still, it's cool that you manage to see some attractive ones, at least! ^_^

• I would never rule out all guys from any group, and I doubt I agree with Amy Schumer on anything.

• Aw that's nice to hear! So when you were single, did you find some guys of all races hot, basically? :)

• I was particularly attracted at one point to an Indian fellow who had the most charming British accent. I've got friends of all colors. Some of the guys are definitely hotter than others.

• Oh I see!

• just white chauvinist comments from a fat rabbit

• I'm obsessed w Asians lol no but I really do enjoy the culture.. and I think Asian guys are hot af. In real life and in anime LOLOLOL

• LOL well anime is just drawings! xD

• Even still, I'm glad that you enjoy the ones in real life, too. =D

• Oh god no. I think im one of the few SJWs who cannot strand Amy Schumer. Everythng she does seems like she's trying too hard.

I personally like Asian guys, but they dont seem to like me lol

• Thank you for answering! :) This makes me feel a bit better.

Aw I'm sorry you haven't had much luck with Asian guys. xD If you don't me asking, what race/ethnicity are you? :o

• Oh what the? :o I've lived all my life in a region with lots of Latinas (who are majority Mexican, I think -- although there are Latinas from the other Latin American countries too), and some of them are so cute! How can anybody not like them?

I'm actually talking to a cute Latina right now in real life. xD I don't know if she feels the same way, though. D=

• Why in the hell would anyone listen to this dumb bitch... Amy Schumer

• lol your comment made me laugh. XD Well I've heard some girls make similar comments as hers, so it got a bit discouraging to hear. D= But it's nice to be reminded that other women are different from them, as obvious as that fact may seem! :D

• No I don't agree with this at all. I don't have preference so I wouldn't mind dating an Asian guy. If we have a connection that's all that matters.

• I think Asian guys are hot? Why would they be a last choice? Plus everything is more than looks, it's who they r as well

• Aw you are sweet. :)

• Those Asians are also hot

• Ok nice! Being a straight guy, I wasn't sure if I had made good choices for examples or not, lol! :P

Oh and thank you for your opinions here!

• No I like Asian guys actually another comedian Steve Harvey made a similiar joke to this one as well that Asian guys can't get white women.

• Oh yeah, I remember the Steve Harvey thing. =/

But well, even still, thank you for being one of the lovely ones who does like Asian guys. :)

• I'd choose a hot Asian guy

• I love Asian guys but I'm Asian sooo... 😅

• Haha well I also still like Asian girls just as much. ^_^

• I like Asian guys.
    I'm mixed with black and Asian actually.
    Despite me having Asian blood Asian people are rude and very picky.
    I've dated malaysian, chinese, japanese, filipino.. you name it.
    They are just... different.
    I understand people have a stereotype for them but like... they really can be rude and think they're above you. Not ALL.. but some of them.
    It's hard to date them tbh.

• Mmmm no I'm so into Asian men

• No, they aren't my last choice, and they can be attractive (don't listen to Amy).

• LOL the part in parentheses. XD Thank you! That makes me feel a bit better. :D

• No I don't. I think my boyfriend is Asian (Russia it part of Asia, right?)

• Nah, she's just trying to be, well, amy shumer.

• Haha true, but it's just that this one particular comment from Schumer sounds similar to what I've heard often before from other people, so I just thought I'd ask for opinions here and see what the community here thinks. ^_^

• i love Asian and i dont know why they are the last when they are so everything esp korean love ji chang wook, ji sung, lee min ho omg all the oppas and feng shao feng ( this is chinese) if you haven't seen these guys i can understand

• Haha I know of Lee Min Ho. xD

• yeah his smile tho is a kill... ji chang wook is my sweet heart lee min ho my sunshine😂😂

• More from Girls
    36