How long should I wait to be asked on a second date?

I went on a date with a guy a few nights ago and it went really well. We ended up staying in the bar for 7 hours, the chat was great and I felt like he was really keen. When we said goodnight he told me he wanted to see me again and took my number (we were previously talking on tinder). He text me the next day all day, and all of today. The texts have been really good, lots of questions and flirting but no mention of a second date. In my experience, when a guy is interested, he locks down a second date before the first is over, or within the first few text messages. So is hope lost, or should I carry on the chit chat?

Thanks for the advice everyone! I took the majority advice and asked him for a second date. He said yes and we had a great date last night!

42162

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys buy into this dating game of not letting a girl know how much you like her and waiting a few days just to keep her from getting over-confident about you or thinking that you are desperate. If I go out with a girl and it's a great first date, at the end of the date, I will say "I hope I can see you again," and if she says, "yes," then I say, "I'll call you within a few days to set up our next date. And then we both go home knowing exactly where we stand with each other.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sounds like a game, everyone needs to just be real and forget trying to or not to appear something that you’re not

• RESPONSE TO UPDATE: I'm glad that you took the advice and did not worry about following "the rules." Don't be afraid to let a guy know how you feel; if that scares a guy and makes him run, you probably didn't have much future with him anyway. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on who initiated the first date.

If he asked you out the first time, and it went well, he probably thinks you're aware that he likes you. He might be respecting your boundaries and allowing you to make the second move seeing as he has already made the first.

I'd ask an open-ended 'are you free this weekend', and if he says no then leave it be. He'll offer up another date if he's interested, if not no need to pursue. Seeing as you're making the second move and not the first, as far as I am aware, it's totally socially acceptable to ask.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE